500 Euro gaming rig for kids

Ondroid

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah i'll be definitely going with the Barracuda.The kids won't really care about the boot time :< (time is precious but they can wait 15 friggin seconds, besides they won't be turning it on and off every 15 mins : ) .And as far as the gaming is concerned, once the game loads it doesn't really matter all that much.. ).As i've said before they can always get an SSD later on.I'd rather focus on other parts at this point.

isn't the fm2 platform going to be a total dead end build since he is going with a dedicated gpu and only apus will be released for that platform?

I'd go with the MSI 970a-G43 motherboard and Fx-4130 cpu  for a similar total of 523,71 and a much better upgrade path.

Look at Kennethk, he did exactly what I am trying to say and blew time and money on an APU fm2 build and then sold it and rebuilt with a am3 fx-6300.  Save the time, money, and hassle and just get the AM3+ now.

So far there has been no announcements for any SteamrollerB FX CPUs on the AM3+ socket... either AMD will say something as CES in Jan or they're skipping the FX CPUs until Excavator(2015) or when they have their unified socket released. FM2+ is getting Kaveri APU so it wins on future upgradability

If he enters the am3 with a fx-4xxx chip then options already exist for upgrading to a fx-6xxx or fc-8xxx. Future releases withstanding, there are current upgrade options.

The am2 will be getting the kaveri apu. Even the best current Apu would be subpar to any fx-cpu + the r9 270 and I can't imagine that will change even with the kaveri release. I haven't looked into it, and I could be wrong here, but to me a cpu+gpu will beat an apu most every time.

CPU+GPU beats APU but i can get dedicated GPU later as far as APU is concerned.And isn't 6+ cores a little bit overkill for gaming anyway ? 

One more thing.I've been browsing different parts and i came across this PSU : http://www.alza.sk/fortron-raider-650-d457978.htm (Fortron Raider 650) - now i realize that this definitely is an overkill but since it's just 64,36

CPU+GPU beats APU but i can get dedicated GPU later as far as APU is concerned.And isn't 6+ cores a little bit overkill for gaming anyway ? 

One more thing.I've been browsing different parts and i came across this PSU : http://www.alza.sk/fortron-raider-650-d457978.htm (Fortron Raider 650) - now i realize that this definitely is an overkill but since it's just 64,36