950 vs 4770k for laying Rift

I am running an i7 950@ 3.8 currently and thinkin of finally replacing it with an i7 4770k plugged into an Asus Sabertooth, mainly in the hopes that I will get some better performance out of Rift. If there is anyone on here who plays Rift and has upgraded from anything else, esp a first gen i3/5/7 to Haswell and noticed a change would love to hear if it is worth the upgrade or not. 

I haven't connected for a while to Rift, but next time I do I will check if anyone in the guild upgraded recently and I will report back.

I have a Phenom II 955 @ 3.8 + Crosshair IV Formula + 6950 2GB + 8GB 1600Mhz RAM... I run rift at max pretty much and only see slow downs during Boss zone event fights. It seems that even with a monster system it's the same anyway, FPS will crawl to abyssal values when the servers are saturated.

You'll see essentially no difference between the two.

:withstupid:

Same, other than easier overclocking (which yours is already well OC'd) you'd likely see no difference day to day. Unless you do hardcore encoding or video rendering and desperately need/want to cut down your generation times... I'd save your money!!

There's no game out, including Rift, that'd over work a 950 to the point that a 4770K upgrade is justifiable all on its own.