Will I be able to manage 2 pieces of 690 abd 2 pieces of titan for qua

VicVic

Hi there

I am just thinking if I can put 2x690 and 2xTitan on quad SLI mode.... because the bridge for quad SLI seems to fit on that pretty well

You won't be able to do that. The two 690s already have four GPUs between them and that's the limit of what SLI can handle. You can either have the two Titans hooked up together or the two 690s hooked up together.

As bp said, the GTX 690 is basically two GTX 680 dies stuck onto the same PCB with a larger framebuffer. The Titan, however, is a single (albeit very powerful) GPU on its own board currently, SLI only supports up to 4 GPUs, hence 4 Titans can be SLI'd but only two GTX 690's.

If you had the cards, you'd be better off selling the 690's and using the money to buy another Titan for Tri-SLI and buying a standalone GTX 660/660Ti for a dedicated PhysX card (although PhysX isn't necessarily so important in today's games).

As bp said, the GTX 690 is basically two GTX 680 dies stuck onto the same PCB with a larger framebuffer. The Titan, however, is a single (albeit very powerful) GPU on its own board currently, SLI only supports up to 4 GPUs, hence 4 Titans can be SLI'd but only two GTX 690's.

If you had the cards, you'd be better off selling the 690's and using the money to buy another Titan for Tri-SLI and buying a standalone GTX 660/660Ti for a dedicated PhysX card (although PhysX isn't necessarily so important in today's games).

Tri-SLI'ed Titans and a 660 for physics? Is that really worth the dosh?

Only for large resolution surround setups.

Hi there

I am just thinking if I can put 2x690 and 2xTitan on quad SLI mode.... because the bridge for quad SLI seems to fit on that pretty well

That's just showing off! :no:

thats not very helpful, but thank you

Only for large resolution surround setups.

When I was searching quad Titan in SLI, I found that a tester did ultra solution in a game (maybe its BF3 or somehting similar) with quad Titan in SLI mode; the only thing that I could tell is the graphic was just amazing.

Here is the youtube that I watched:

Nvidia said it the max GPU for Titan was 3 and I believed in that for almost a week lol

Edited by bp9801

Regardless of the max for SLI Titans, the fact remains that you cannot have two SLI 690s and two SLI Titans in the same system. Six GPUs is beyond the limit of SLI.

Regardless of the max for SLI Titans, the fact remains that you cannot have two SLI 690s and two SLI Titans in the same system. Six GPUs is beyond the limit of SLI.

Thats sorta what I figured too...

Due to my curiosity, I couldnt stop myself from posting it lol....

Thanks a lot for the respond... I think i will go for another Titan

Hi everyone

Thanks for replying the post.

I believe that I got the answer already, especially on showing off part from paulktreg.

Thanks alot