Fallout 4 rumors

DanTheGamer11

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the native american mean anything location wise or something? Not really big on north american history. We'll learn more tomorrow if the teaser will be good tomorrow :)

http://wccftech.com/bethesda-teases-fallout-4-landing-page-timer/

Some comments here too, stuff about a masterbrain and fallout franchise

Massachusetts names after the same name tribe, wonder if that's relevant at the Boston rumour. Source code has institute(MIT rumour) in the address too?

Edited by DanTheGamer11

For the First Nations/Native American bit, no. The entire continent at one point had one tribe or another in any given area. That whole New England area alone had about 16 tribes, including the Massachusett, Quinnipiac, Narragansett, Mohegan, and others of the Algonquian peoples.

Fallout 4 has been rumored to take place in the Boston area ever since the guy from the Institute appeared in Fallout 3, basically.

First Nations? Google is bringing up stuff about Canada :/ All this is new to me, will be interesting to see what the game does with it if its relevant, might learn stuff too :O

I don't even know why it's even something to consider. The Indian-head test pattern is something used after the TV send off bit each evening from WW2-era to the 1970s. It's a test pattern to make sure all the adjustments for the camera were correct and had a low hertz tone with it to make sure the audio was fine.

First Nations refers to the indigenous people of that area and above, just like Native American.

First Nations? Google is bringing up stuff about Canada :/ All this is new to me, will be interesting to see what the game does with it if its relevant, might learn stuff too :O

I don't even know why it's even something to consider. The Indian-head test pattern is something used after the TV send off bit each evening from WW2-era to the 1970s. It's a test pattern to make sure all the adjustments for the camera were correct and had a low hertz tone with it to make sure the audio was fine.

First Nations refers to the indigenous people of that area and above, just like Native American.

Not from the US so I wouldn't know that ;) All new to me :)

Well the Indian-head test pattern appeared in the older games and nothing came of it. It's just another nod to the 1950s, like the rest of the Fallout series. It's something recognizable.

Excellent. :)

Btw, the source code of that fallout.bethsoft.com website contains the following:

PA system failure has occured.

Shutdown of the Masterbrain has been authorized and all sensitive materials have been removed for security purposes.
Please attempt re-access. Have a pleasant day.

Yeah mention the Masterbrain a bit earlier, guess there's more than one Masterbrain, must of been a vault tec place too :O Sounds like some invades or somebody taking control over something, wonder what we will see tomorrow :O Think the lack of post apocalyptic games like these are a cause for my recent lack of interest in games 

I do hope that we will have more options for pc tho, like proper frame capping and stuff that doesn't affect the physics of the game etc :/ And other pretty much standard settings like FoV etc. Or at least have a wider one to boot

Edited by DanTheGamer11

Well Masterbrain was in charge of the robots in Valut-Tec HQ in Fallout 3.

I hope Bethesda finally has a DirectX 11 or 12 engine, especially since the consoles can now support DX11. No sense in sticking with DX9 still.