Dual Monitor suggestions

Narcotic

So, being that over the last 6 months I've completely rebuilt my PC, I thought I'd dive into the dual monitor field.

Only thing that has held me back from buying 2 monitors, was that I don't really know much about monitors!  So, maybe some of you here can help me with that.  

Some things that I thought would be thing I should pay attention to;

I suppose I'll need another GPU? Or can I just use a different port for the other monitor?

And it would be nice for the sides of the monitor to be smaller (the frame that is) so they look better next to each other.

-Narcotic

1.I suppose I'll need another GPU? Or can I just use a different port for the other monitor?

2.And it would be nice for the sides of the monitor to be smaller (the frame that is) so they look better next to each other.

-Narcotic

1. If you have 2 ports on the back you can use then to feed 2 monitors, if want you can add another, I have 2 GPUs for running 4 monitors myself, but I don't game on more then 1 at a time.

2.They make thin bezels, but those monitors can be pricey and are still noticeable, just buy whats in your budget.

A few questions to start off,

Are you looking for two new monitors or a companion to your current one?

Will you be gaming on both monitors?

Whats your current GPU?

My current GPU is the AMD Radeon HD 6850.  It's an alright GPU, I only got it because it was way cheap on sale.  If I had to, I'd put it in my other case that I'm building for a friend, and get a new one.  I'm looking for 2 new monitors, simply for the "new" feel, and because I'd like the color scheme to be the same.

1.I suppose I'll need another GPU? Or can I just use a different port for the other monitor?

2.And it would be nice for the sides of the monitor to be smaller (the frame that is) so they look better next to each other.

-Narcotic

1. If you have 2 ports on the back you can use then to feed 2 monitors, if want you can add another, I have 2 GPUs for running 4 monitors myself, but I don't game on more then 1 at a time.

2.They make thin bezels, but those monitors can be pricey and are still noticeable, just buy whats in your budget.

Are the thin bezels worth it, and will one GPU running 2 monitors through different outputs make a noticeable difference? 

A few questions to start off,

Are you looking for two new monitors or a companion to your current one?

Will you be gaming on both monitors?

Whats your current GPU?

My current GPU is the AMD Radeon HD 6850.  It's an alright GPU, I only got it because it was way cheap on sale.  If I had to, I'd put it in my other case that I'm building for a friend, and get a new one.  I'm looking for 2 new monitors, simply for the "new" feel, and because I'd like the color scheme to be the same.

Apologies for multiple posts in a row, it wasn't letting me edit this so I'll add it here -

EDIT: I forgot to add that my initial plan wasn't for gaming on both, but to have the other there for browsing, recording, and such extras.

In that case bezels shouldn't matter unless it disturbs you. I run two monitors a Old Dell one and ASUS one. I certainly helps you keep track of your system temps and load while you game or record footage.

Main use for me is to monitor temps and for more space for browsing the net.