Water 2.0 Pro pump only running @ 1450 RPMs

TRWeiss1

So as the title states, I'm wondering why my new TT Water 2.0 Pro is only running at 1450 RPMs. It doesn't matter which fan connector I plug it into on the mobo (right now have it connected to CPU_Fan), or whether it's connected directly to the PSU. I have an ASUS M5A99X mobo. I've not updated the BIOS because it tells me its an "invalid ROM file" when I try to update it, so maybe the original BIOS is causing the issue. Help on flashing that would be much appreciated as well, if anyone has experience with this board.

But yeah, from everything I've read the Water 2.0 Pro pump is supposed to run at 2800 RPMs, not 1450. And naturally I would assume that this is affecting cooling. Please help! Thanks in advance! :)

Edited by TRWeiss1

From Thermaltake...

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting Thermaltake Customer Service. The reason why you are seeing a lower RPM reading is because of the design of the pump coinciding with the sensors of the motherboard. All motherboard fan headers are capable of reading single pulse signals for communication in order to monitor speed. The pump in the water 2.0 unit uses a dual pulse signal which means the motherboard will report the true RPM reading in half. So your pump is actually maxing out at 3000RPM if the reading is 1500RPM."

Phew, looks like I'm fine. :D