New build

lilbod

Right now that's what I'm thinking too, I'm just unsure how my dated cpu will manage!

Well there you go, I stand by my original suggestion. Wait till Haswell!

Buy yourself a graphics card that you will put in your Haswell build. That will certainly buy you enough performance till then.

After considering if I should upgrade or build a full system I think I'm starting to go towards my original plan and build a full new system!

I have got plans in my head of what I want my setup to look like and I'm finding it hard to justify doing a little upgrade as it won't be how I want it unless I go for the full system build.

I have however taken comments and recommendations on board and have changed my original plans on a i7 3820 and changed it for the i5 3570k with Asus P8Z77-V PRO board that Fogel recommended :thumbsup:

I just don't think I can wait for Haswell right now as I have a bit of cash lying and by time it's released knowing me I will have spent the cash on something useless!

Really happy with the new rig, glad I done it now.

Taken me a couple of days to get it all setup and configured to my liking (I only have evenings cos of kids) can't believe I've only just got an SSD! Wow they fast!!

My board had me a bit stumped tonight though as games were randomly crashing, found out it was the turbo boost enabled in bios, disabled it now and it's all working fine.

Nice for my system to auto detect my settings for FarCry 3 as ultra :thumbsup: