Noctua NH-D14 VS Phanteks PH C14PE

Hey there i was looking for a CPU cooler that just stands out ! so i came across the Noctua NH-D14 with great cooling capabilites and virtually SILENT! and for a while things were all good and fine and finally setled down with this for my next buy ! Thing is , Phanteks just released their PH-C14PE cooler which i was recommended by 5 people o_O ! Really! 5 PC TI's recommended me this instead of the noctua NH-D14! so my question is just which cooler is better? I've seen quite a lot of reviews on both coolers and although the Phanteks beats the noctua in cooling ( only by 2-4 celcius) no review mentions the noise the fans make and due to me being a nose freak i just have to know if its "silence" is on even grounds with the Noctua! Thank you all in advance!

The Phanteks is better, and the margin is dependent on the overclock. Both the heatsink and fans are pretty similar, including the sound. However, the Phanteks is slightly longer (by a small amount), and the heatsink is sprayed by a special material, which makes it slightly better than the Noctua NH-D14. It's also slightly better durability-wise, but imo, slightly harder to install.

The Phanteks is better, and the margin is dependent on the overclock. Both the heatsink and fans are pretty similar, including the sound. However, the Phanteks is slightly longer (by a small amount), and the heatsink is sprayed by a special material, which makes it slightly better than the Noctua NH-D14. It's also slightly better durability-wise, but imo, slightly harder to install.

I really dont mind a difficult instalation , im replacing my motherboard anyway :P but i do care if its cooling is doing its job and if its quiet :)

I really dont mind a difficult instalation , im replacing my motherboard anyway :P but i do care if its cooling is doing its job and if its quiet :)

By installation, it's just slightly different vs the Noctua NH-D14. Rather than placing the heatsink on holes, you place it on screws. Can't explain it very well. Either way, you'll want to use the adapters for quieter operation on either products. Mind you that the Phanteks is slightly larger in a way (for instance, I could install the Noctua NH-D14 on a NZXT Vulcan, but couldn't install the Phanteks on it).

Besides, from your other thread, it looks like you don't have a K-processor, so you don't need cooling as hefty as ones you're looking for.

Edited by El_Capitan

Under High temperatures, the Noctua D14 proves to provide better performance (IIRC it has to do with the build of the heatpipes. But as you said, marginal difference). In terms of Noise, the Phanteks should also be very quiet (the D14 may be a bit quitter in actual dBA test but again, marginal difference. You likely won't be able hear the difference). In my experience, no other cooler beats Noctua's SecuFirm in terms of installation and sturdiness.

In all honesty, the Phantek cooler is just a better looking alternative to the D14 IMO (not that I have a problem with Noctua's colour. I actually quite like 'em)

:cheers:

By installation, it's just slightly different vs the Noctua NH-D14. Rather than placing the heatsink on holes, you place it on screws. Can't explain it very well. Either way, you'll want to use the adapters for quieter operation on either products. Mind you that the Phanteks is slightly larger in a way (for instance, I could install the Noctua NH-D14 on a NZXT Vulcan, but couldn't install the Phanteks on it).

Besides, from your other thread, it looks like you don't have a K-processor, so you don't need cooling as hefty as ones you're looking for.

Ok , to be honest , the whole story is : I want to upgrade my PC , an upgrade that will last for at least 3-4 years , i WAS planing on buying a palit GTX 670 Jetstream this January , but i JUST NOW saw this http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=194032 thread about the 7970 overpowering the palit 670 !!!! so i dont really know about the gpu , but i've decided on the mobo : Z77 Sabertooth , CPU : i7-3770k OR i5-3570K , and the cpu cooler which will from what it looks like be the Phanteks!