HD6970 only works on intel boards

I had an issue a few days ago, I own a saphire HD6970 and I updated the drivers to 12.8, issues started immediately with screen anomalies in and out of eyefinity and end of story the card eventually stoped working. Much to my suprise it works fine on intel motherboards and doesnt on amd boards, the system will still boot on another card but wont detect the 6970 reguardless. This is a huge problem because my motherboard happens to be amd and Ive grown too attatched to fallout new vegas in eyefinity.

Drivers don't change anything on the card. Trixxx just changes voltages and clocks in software and also doesn't affect the card.

Unless you messed with the BIOS directly it hasn't changed...so something else must have.

Well you didn't tell us much. If you've tried it in numerous boards it's probably time to RMA it. The driver update and it dying is likely a complete coincidence.

stupid.gif

There is no way for the Video card to differentiate between an AMD board and an Intel board. There is no logical reason that it "Only works" on an intel board other than that its broken. So, only thing i recommend to do is RMA.