SSD Samsung 830 64GB on nForce4 SLI

Enron x86

You're right, wevsspot, those are the only two options. Up until today I thought that RAID mode was some kind of equivalent to AHCI (it works even if no array is set; it uses different drivers). OK then, I'll try to get my hands on a copy of Windows 7. I believe my Windows XP has Fernando's modded nf4 drivers installed, he probably made them for W7 as well. So - first the default msahci drivers (probably have to be forced via regedit), and if that doesn't work, we'll use a modded driver. Any other good ones besides Fernando's?

Just found this topic at overclockers.com. It appears that nvidia nforce chipsets detect SATAIII SSDs as SATA1 and there's no way around it. BTW @wevsspot, you're right. My mobo uses the CK804 "chipset" or whatever that stands for. I've read over at Nforcehq that those are non-ahci. Anyways, I'm pretty satisfied with the numbrs and the performance I'm getting, so that's that.

EDIT: It appears OCZ have managed to fix this problem in combination with nforce-based motherboards by updating the SSD's firmware. Damnit. Shout have bought a Vertex... :)

Edited by Enron x86

I've got a DFI cfx3200 that supports AHCI IIRC. I also had two seagate 250gb 7200.10(i think they were .10, maybe older) in raid-0 pulling pretty sweet (back then) numbers. Gonna try a SSD out on it for giggles but my numbers were higher than that with a single hdd if i recall...

should still be able to do 3.2ghz with the 3800 x2 , i know it does 3ghz with the opteron 165 still. Paired with ddr500 crucial ballistix tracers :evilgrin: (got them past 600 with fans until about 640 suicide oc'ing where things got weird lol).

Sorry Enron. I got busy and completely forgot to follow up on the AHCI support timeline. Glad you found it though. And even happier that you're satisfied with the performance. The SLI-DR Expert was a BA board back in the day once you got them running right.