Faint low pitch constant clicking sound upon load

Stealth3si

Whenever the card is in load in the 40s C degree and above, I hear it and it gets progressively louder as the load/degree increases. It's in the summer and I have all fans on max and from where I'm sitting two feet away I can't hear it but if I put my ear next to the card it's very noticeable. IS this normal and is it going to get worse if I leave it? I'm still within the 30 day return policy so was wondering if I should return it for a replacement or just chalk it up to normal video card sound?

EDIT: I made a video. the sound is at the 18 second mark....

Edited by Stealth3si

That noise is definitely not normal; it sounds to me like a fan bearing going bad. Since the card is still within the return policy, I would definitely get a replacement. I know that is not what you wanted to hear, but it's the safest option.

So it's not a coil whine issue, it's a fan issue. Well you have two options, basically, either disassemble the graphics card and put a drop of oil on the fan shaft, or you can just RMA it and be done with it. Just to be on the safe side, you should probably RMA it. That's what I would do. :)