Issues with Vertex 4

Rosco

So recently I decided to spoil myself with a Vertex 4 128Gb but now I am having issues getting it to work properly.

When I connect the drive to my sata6 marvel controller I can set up windows and everything, run benchmarks (BTW this thing is unbelievably fast) but as soon as i transfer big files to or from the drive my pc crashes (No BSOD or anything just screen goes black and restart).

Just to be clear I am running firmware 1.5 both the marvel and the intel controllers are set to AHCI and I tested the drive in my buds pc and it shows that the drive is not at fault.

I transferred the drive to my sata3 intel controller and so far it is running like a champ even if I am only getting half the rated performance.

so now my question is : is it my marvel controller that is to blame, can something be done about it and how do I do it? I mean I really would like to be able to fully utilize this drive.

PS.The motherboard is a ASUS Sabertooth x58 and I had no problems running my sata6 1Tb drive from the marvel controller getting the rated 120mb/s speeds and at the time both the hdd and the ssd were in the marvel controller.

Any help would be appreciated.

You could be causing the Marvell controller to crash since the drive is so quick...can you test another SSD on it to see if it causes the same issue?

Sorry for the confusion :rtfm:

And yes I am using a SATA3 cable on the marvel SATA3 port

Apparently the issues I am experiencing has to do with the marvel AHCI drivers?

Edited by Rosco

I did after windows was installed and apparently that was not the way to go?

Re-installing windows now on the intel controller to see what can be done.