Need a WW2 game

Transk53

Hi all, I need a game based on WW2 if possible. I run a Lappy with a C2D "Penryn" coupled with a 9800M GT 512 (G92 REV A2). Now the CPU which is a T9400, full load being 2.53GHz. I was given a rts game called officers but cannot run it in a stable fashion. Would guess fps would be "pakled" level. Ok I'll get to the point. A WW2 online or not, that could handle the above specs. Even if it is old, and if it can handle Vista X64, can anybody recommend anything? Thanks.

Okay for pure Strategy look at Hearts of Iron, the game is amazing. Also look at Company of Heroes and Battlefield 1942. These are a just a few, there are so many. The game I am in right now is World of Tanks, not really WW2 but done in that theme and style.

Edited by ComputerEd

In no particular order

RTS:

Company of Heroes (Has a couple of standalone/expansions and a Free 2 Play version)

FPS:

Brothers in Arms (3 or so PC games)

Day of Defeat / Day of Defeat: Source

Red Orchestra / Red Orchestra 2 / Darkest Hour Mod for RO1 <-- I have a guest pass for RO2 on Steam if you want to try it.

Heroes & Generals (need an invite to play)

World of Tanks (Arcade/Simulation Tank battles, Free 2 Play)

Edited by AZNguyen

Thanks for the replies peeps.

AZNguyen.. "Red Orchestra / Red Orchestra 2 / Darkest Hour Mod for RO1 <-- I have a guest pass for RO2 on Steam if you want to try it.". Thanks for the offer, I'll have a route around on Steam, heard some stuff about the game. How could I forget HOI, thanks ComputerEd for the reminder :P MJCRO, got MOH Airborne. Took a huge risk with the game requiring 30 % over my CPU, but did play, but kept dropping fps.

EDIT> Found this while googling. Any thoughts on this one?

Edited by Transk53

Never tried that one since its subscription based. On another note I saw their other game in development:

(Free 2 Play)

Well, some nice thoughts there. Actually hope that the guy's make this a success, a worthy endeavour indeed. A favour for a friend resulted in being given a copy of CoH. Hope it will run under 64bit Vista and no memory leakage.