Crysis 2 dx11 crash 7950

Chann3l

I recently switched out my 6870 for a msi twin frozr iii 7950 oc edition I also just purchased crysis 2 retail

System specs are i5 2380p quad cpu

Cx 600 corsair psu

8Gb ripjaws ram

When playing crisis 2 and only crysis 2 in dx11 the game crashes to desktop after a few minutes I'm playing on ultra settings and getting above 60 fps always. Dx9 works fine. The fault module is cryengined3d11.dll

I have tried down clocking to reference

Sting power controls to + 20 percent and reinstalling the game same issues occur.

I've also updated drivers to 12.6

Any suggestions to fix this would be nice between work and my comp tia courses I don't have a lot of gaming time and would target not spend out crashing lol

Ya that's what I heard somewhere it said to up the voltage because card companies don't always have the right voltage for the pc to be handles under such a heavy load but if downclocking didn't work I doubt upping the voltage would either and I don't want to void my warranty stock voltage is 1030 or 1.03v if that'll help for anyone reading this

I recently switched out my 6870 for a msi twin frozr iii 7950 oc edition I also just purchased crysis 2 retail

System specs are i5 2380p quad cpu

Cx 600 corsair psu

8Gb ripjaws ram

When playing crisis 2 and only crysis 2 in dx11 the game crashes to desktop after a few minutes I'm playing on ultra settings and getting above 60 fps always. Dx9 works fine. The fault module is cryengined3d11.dll

I have tried down clocking to reference

Sting power controls to + 20 percent and reinstalling the game same issues occur.

I've also updated drivers to 12.6

Any suggestions to fix this would be nice between work and my comp tia courses I don't have a lot of gaming time and would target not spend out crashing lol

Well, I don't have an answer but the game crashes on me all the time running with DX11. It crashed at launch and I redownloaded again to do anther playthrough and it still crashes. It crashes in various ways and in different spots but I haven't seen that error before. Honestly the game was disappointing on several levels. IMO the game is unstable in DX11 regardless of setup.

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one with issues I google it and nothing comes up even benchmarks dont.mention that they had any problems and it's not.like it's my system my rigs a beast lol and the fault module just means that the engine stopped running figured id post it anyways sorry about all the messed up grammar I'm using my phone lol

Ya I'll try 12.7 and see how it goes might be better it said theresa 6 percent increase in crysis 2 performance don't know if that means a 6 percent less chance of crashing though lol

I tried 12.7 beta didnt work either. Strangely enough I downloaded blackfires mod 2 and it no longer crashes and that is in dx11. I'm thinking it has to do with the texture pack and not the dx11 because the mod replaces the textures with different high res textures. Either way I can now play through this game

I was gonna say maybe the 7950 is a higher current drawing card then his 6870 and might be peaking out his PSU but glad it was just the game.

:cheers: to a fellow 7950 user!

I was gonna say maybe the 7950 is a higher current drawing card then his 6870 and might be peaking out his PSU but glad it was just the game.

:cheers: to a fellow 7950 user!

Ya I was thinking it may be the psu but it only requires a 500 watt and actually draws less power than my 6870 did. That and every other game is just fine :) And dx 9 works just fine in crysis 2. I guess when you try and overhaul a game later it just gets implemented terrribly lol

Ya I was thinking it may be the psu but it only requires a 500 watt and actually draws less power than my 6870 did. That and every other game is just fine :) And dx 9 works just fine in crysis 2. I guess when you try and overhaul a game later it just gets implemented terrribly lol

Thank you consoles :rolleyes: