Corsair SP2500 or Logitech Z623?

MJCRO

Well 2 weeks ago I ordered a Z623 system on eBay for a killer deal of $89 shipped brand new, but I ended up after never receiving them. mad.gif It wasn't a scam, just the seller gave me a tracking for the speakers but the package ended up getting intercepted because they sent the wrong package. After a week of messaging these idiots, I got my money back. Another added reason why not to buy off of sleazebay.

I used to have 2 set's of Z-2300's running together and I really loved the bass and THX for movies.

Anyway, anyone have the SP2500? I've heard really good things and I'm curious if it's worth the extra money.

Edited by MJCRO

I have the sp2500, and i love them.

They can go LOUD

The bass is very nice, i have the sub on my desk behind the screens, and it will give the screens IRL motion blur when explosions go off ingame

The quality is very nice too, and i have not found them to distort at all, the loudest i have dared turn them up was 70% though, and you could hear the music perfectly from outside the house, as if you were infront of the speakers.

Yeah I just ordered them off at the Egg for $179 after rebate, so I saved a bit of money. smile.gif

I've seen and heard the Z623's in person and their nothing special compared to my older Z-2300's.

Can't wait till they come!

• 1 month later...

I currently have a set of Logitech z5300e speakers running them in 2.1 mode since I don't have the right wall set up to put them 5.1 Anywho, how do the SP2500s compare? I know my z5300 speakers are quite old. Going on 8+ years. Everything still sounds pretty good, but I'd like to upgrade and maybe stick these in my garage to hook my phone up to when I'm out there.

I play games still, but I mostly like to turn up the music when no one else is home. I definitely want as much bass as I can get for a decent price. If the walls aren't shaking, its just not fun. Would these SP2500s do that for me? I build a new computer every couple of years but my speakers are the one item I never upgrade so I really don't know much about them.

Also, I'm on motherboard audio right now. Do sound cards matter that much these days? I mean, I can do 7.1 DTS, I have optical out and all the rest. If so, any recommendations?

EDIT

Just found this review: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1492/ On page 3, the reviewers say they were using the z5300s for years just like me and talked about the two compared. I think I'm sold on the SP2500s. I've been wanting a new set of speakers for a few months now and am glad I finally found a set. I've been gearing for a 5.1 system, but I don't even use the 5.1 I have now. I'd still like any ideas on whether or not the motherboard audio is good enough or if a sound card will really give me that much of a difference. I dont' want to spend a lot on a sound card either.

Edited by GmAz

I currently have a set of Logitech z5300e speakers running them in 2.1 mode since I don't have the right wall set up to put them 5.1 Anywho, how do the SP2500s compare? I know my z5300 speakers are quite old. Going on 8+ years. Everything still sounds pretty good, but I'd like to upgrade and maybe stick these in my garage to hook my phone up to when I'm out there.

I play games still, but I mostly like to turn up the music when no one else is home. I definitely want as much bass as I can get for a decent price. If the walls aren't shaking, its just not fun. Would these SP2500s do that for me? I build a new computer every couple of years but my speakers are the one item I never upgrade so I really don't know much about them.

Also, I'm on motherboard audio right now. Do sound cards matter that much these days? I mean, I can do 7.1 DTS, I have optical out and all the rest. If so, any recommendations?

Bit of a thread necro there...

As for the bass, this sub can shake the door of the room a fair bit when its pumping, so yes, this is going to do the job

Bit of a thread necro there...

As for the bass, this sub can shake the door of the room a fair bit when its pumping, so yes, this is going to do the job

Well, the last post to the thread was in April so i figured no one would mind if I posted on it especially since its specifically about the SP2500s. But thanks for the reply. I don't get to play my stuff loud as I have two kids and a wife, but when they aren't home, its time to bump em.

I have the SP2500 courtesy of OCC :thumbsup: and oh my god...They are LOUD. Sound quality is incredible. Bass is very very clear and crisp. The "Late Night" setting is nice when you want to listen to music while you sleep, which is a nice touch. I am very very impressed with these.

I have the SP2500 courtesy of OCC :thumbsup: and oh my god...They are LOUD. Sound quality is incredible. Bass is very very clear and crisp. The "Late Night" setting is nice when you want to listen to music while you sleep, which is a nice touch. I am very very impressed with these.

Yeah dude, I love mine! SO glad I made the right choice.