Reason number 475000

Is this my "told ya so" moment? :lol: Hopefully the pump isn't damaged and all everything needs is a good cleaning.

Nope, You are still on the hook for it and will never come off. :P

On a more serious note, I've been using Primochill Black Ice for several years now (including colored) and while it stains my clear hoses a little bit, I haven't seen any evidence of deposits or other gunk when I've disassembled my blocks for cleaning. I know many consider distilled water and a kill coil world class practice, others use high quality European automotive coolant etc. so I'm not posting to start a debate. But just sharing my own experience with that particular product. No, I don't own any interest or stock in Primochill :)

This was a Primochill dye. I used about 10 drops to get the right color in the loop and this was the result after about 6 months. The tubing and inside of the resorption are stained as well. I love Primochill tubing but will not use the dye again. Distilled with a little Zerex racing antifreeze does well.

Is this my "told ya so" moment? :lol: Hopefully the pump isn't damaged and all everything needs is a good cleaning.

Have not flushed the pump and put some head pressure on it. It is an XSPC pump/res combo that served well. Tomorrow is a free day so I may put a block on it and do some load testing.

While I redid it I used some Monsoon compression fittings, a D5 with a Bitspower pump head on my spare D5 pump and a Bitspower tube style reservoir. I added a second rad to help with the addition of a water cooled 7970 for better temps and all seems good at this point. Loading in the 62 to 65C range at 4.1GHz. All inside the Pink Phantom case LOL

That case is awesome. :D

Yes it is! :thumbsup: I am surprised that it can handle all the W/C gear and still have room for more. I stil have to buy another purple LED fan, some more purple Monsoon fittings and some more Bitspower elbows to get the pump head routing right but overall it turned out pretty good.

DSC00419.JPG

Yeah coolant is a big no no. Distilled water works perfect.

You know Every time I have used Distilled and a kill coil I got Crap in the loop. Just water and PT nuke.... I got Crap in the loop.... I ran PT nuke, Distilled and Feser View and I have not Had algae YET or a crappy Build up Of Smurf Jism.....