System Spec and Combination for the Maximum OC Allowed

I was informed, I need to know the right combination to overclock my system to the maximum. I read this guide, it doesn't explain how far I can push my system for over clocking and what settings I should change, bit by bit. I hope with the information supplied someone can help me so I can push my system to the max, without frying anything. I've never pushed a system hard as I want to do this time around, if it's possible. I've pushed a system by a few hundred Mhz on air cooling, with no problems.

System Spec:

i3930K (Socket: 2011)

Asus Rampage Extreme IV

2133 Mhz (OC) DDR3 RAM

Corsair H100 Water Cooling

With a 3930K, you want to go custom watercooling and include waterblocks for the motherboard. I have my 3930K setup that way overclocked to 4.8GHz 24/7 with temps not going over 63C for over a week now. Max load temps in Prime95 goes up to 77C, but nothing I've done yet maxes 6 cores at 4.8GHz like Prime95 does, anyway.

With a 3930K, you want to go custom watercooling and include waterblocks for the motherboard. I have my 3930K setup that way overclocked to 4.8GHz 24/7 with temps not going over 63C for over a week now. Max load temps in Prime95 goes up to 77C, but nothing I've done yet maxes 6 cores at 4.8GHz like Prime95 does, anyway.

:withstupid:

Make sure the waterblocks for the motherboard are used. I can't acquire watercooling for my chipset and im already seeing limitations around 4.50 on water. Dang VR 1-2-3 temps get into the upper 90's so no more OC'in for me until I can make a custom solution. :cry:

I'll send you screenshots of settings I use, and why. I'm not the most technical overclocker, but I can get things to where they need to be stable without frying anything.

You'll send me ? What kind of OC can I get with my water cooler, 4ghz ?

With an H100, probably 4.2GHz will be safe without a lot of voltage added.

4.2, that is pretty good. How could I get to maximum 4.5 ? I don't want to fry nada, from the way you describe I won't fry nothing at 4.2 ?

4.2, that is pretty good. How could I get to maximum 4.5 ? I don't want to fry nada, from the way you describe I won't fry nothing at 4.2 ?

Yeah, 4.2GHz is good. You'll want a custom watercooling set-up including for 4.5GHz, as well as a dedicated fan on the VRM's. To go higher, you'll also need waterblocks for the motherboard, not just the CPU. At 4.2GHz, you're not running as much voltage through anything to fry anything.