Finally Joined

MacLeod

• 2 months later...

I've been a long-time reader, but finally decided to join because Case and Cooler reviews tend to frustrate me.

I can't understand why a cooler is given a passing grade when it dictates to users how many RAM slots can be used. C'mon - a COOLER doing that?!! But yes, reviewers ooh and ahh over coolers that do exactly that. To me, when coolers dictate numbre of RAM slots to be used, I'd give that cooler a Big Fail.

Cases - why are Cases being pushed out doors with only one USB 3.0 front IO panel, especially with the 20-pin MB connector! That's another "F" to me. I doubt if this is a 10-cent part-cost differential to a USB 2 connector. Probably less than a nickle - an HK nickle, at that.

Why are drive-cages that have more metal interrupting air-flow between drives being given passing grades either?

I am also chasing after the motherboard designers who came up with the cute SATA pedestals that are crammed so close that the latching mechanisms create a tension-force on the pedestal-plastic. I'm not sold on SATA latches in the first place.

Has the 30-years in the computer industry shown a huge infection of cables wiggling themselves free and flapping in the breeze?

Edited by ChristineBCW