Need OC help fx8150

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL your using 3 x 4G of memory. Thats your problem. I bet that memory is for Intel X58 platform. Go buy compatable memory and close this thread. Adding 1 more stick may not do the trick as the memory should be matched modules from the factory in each channel.

Edited by Drdeath

LOL your using 3 x 4G of memory. Thats your problem. I bet that memory is for Intel X58 platform. Go buy compatable memory and close this thread. Adding 1 more stick may not do the trick as the memory should be matched modules from the factory in each channel.

His RAM already passed memtest.

His RAM already passed memtest.

He is running 3 x 4G in dual channel (DOH). Read the entire post. This would lead me to belive he bought a triple channel kit or bought the sticks seperately leaving them unmatched. Yes, they will pass memtest but on the platform be unstable for some reason.

Edited by Drdeath

He is running 3 x 4G in dual channel (DOH). Read the entire post. This would lead me to belive he bought a triple channel kit or bought the sticks seperately leaving them unmatched. Yes, they will pass memtest but on the platform be unstable for some reason.

I did read it. He's not running dual channel, but the odd number of sticks won't make it unstable.

Triple channel kits aren't anything special. They're just packaged in matched sets of 3 instead of 2 or 4.

OP - just as a test - can you raise your DRAM voltage to 1.65 volts if it isn't already?