Watercooling Radiator , 200 mm Case Fan Issues Help

Hi guys,

I am new to the forums and very new to water cooling so i would really appreciate the help. Rig Description ( in case it helps) :

- Thermaltake chaser mk 1 Case

- AMD FX-4100 cpu

- ASUS sabertooth 990 fx

- Radeon hd 6870 (upgrade suggestions)

- Rear 140 mm and multi color top 200 mm x2

- Corsair psu 750 watt

My question has to do with the top mounted 200 mm fans, i was thinking about getting a 360mm radiator watercooling kit (http://www.swiftech.com/H2O-x20-Edge-HD.aspx) but was wondering what

is the best way of setting up the radiator but still keeping my 200mm fans. Could i use them to pull the air out and 3x 120mm fans pushing?? I do plan on making the dive into Over Clocking but before i

begin i want to make sure my cpu is being kept nice and cool. Thank you for reading and I appreciate the help.

Edited by Willz714

Hi guys,

I am new to the forums and very new to water cooling so i would really appreciate the help. Rig Description ( in case it helps) :

No it really doesn't help....

If you really want help set it up like this.

Current rig specs

What you want to water cool

Your total budget

Your location and if out I the states provide some store links

Please don't ever ask people to look in your sig, don't be lazy and actually post the info.

No it really doesn't help....

If you really want help set it up like this.

Current rig specs

What you want to water cool

Your total budget

Your location and if out I the states provide some store links

Please don't ever ask people to look in your sig, don't be lazy and actually post the info.

Are you sure you have the chaser MK-I

To my knowledge it only has a single 200mm up to or two 120/140 fans meanings you would be limited to a 200mm (bad idea) or a 240/280mm rad.

You could possibly custom mount a second rad down the front at the sacrifice of your HDD bays.

I think I could get a Dual 180 in there. dual 200mm fan would be pushing it. That particular fan there is a 200mm blade Yet it is Posted up on funky mounts.

If you do decide to go with the single 200 then you may run into issues with fan mounting.

Just have to google around for that answer.

Is there a change you are set on External or internal only?

Are you sure you have the chaser MK-I

To my knowledge it only has a single 200mm up to or two 120/140 fans meanings you would be limited to a 200mm (bad idea) or a 240/280mm rad.

You could possibly custom mount a second rad down the front at the sacrifice of your HDD bays.

Yes i am sure there is a room for 200mm fans on top, i have this case, and heres a pic of the case along with the kit i want to get http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1849/5/, what i plan on doing is using the top 200mm

fans to pull out air from above the rad and the stock 120mm underneath pushing. But would there be some kind of problem with this?

I think I could get a Dual 180 in there. dual 200mm fan would be pushing it. That particular fan there is a 200mm blade Yet it is Posted up on funky mounts.

If you do decide to go with the single 200 then you may run into issues with fan mounting.

Just have to google around for that answer.

Is there a change you are set on External or internal only?

The idea of putting the rad outside the case has been suggested to me but because of the size of the case itself, putting a rad on the back would look bad. Might

go for this if i decide to get a 360mm rad. Do you know if a 240 is good enough for cooling both cpu and gpu? this is the kit i plan on getting made by swiftech http://www.swiftech.com/H2O-x20-Edge-HD.aspx

Yes i am sure there is a room for 200mm fans on top, i have this case, and heres a pic of the case along with the kit i want to get http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1849/5/, what i plan on doing is using the top 200mm

fans to pull out air from above the rad and the stock 120mm underneath pushing. But would there be some kind of problem with this?

huh coulda sworn it was only a single 200mm up top

looks like you should get a triple rad up there.

For GPU and CPU you would want more than a single 240 to cool. What would your total budget be?

huh coulda sworn it was only a single 200mm up top

looks like you should get a triple rad up there.

For GPU and CPU you would want more than a single 240 to cool. What would your total budget be?

I would really want to keep it in the 240mm size, and after much thought and analyzing the measurements I'm liking the idea you previously suggested

about putting it where the hdd bays are but I will need to do some light case modding. As for price, if i can get the best 240mm rad i really dont got one.

Thanks for your reply

I would really want to keep it in the 240mm size, and after much thought and analyzing the measurements I'm liking the idea you previously suggested

about putting it where the hdd bays are but I will need to do some light case modding. As for price, if i can get the best 240mm rad i really dont got one.

Thanks for your reply

It's not just the rad you need to think of if you are going to start doing a full custom loop it will go beyond the price of the contained loops or small single rad kits very quickly. Beefing up your pump getting a res, tubing, fittings 1,2,3 how ever many rads and all of their fans. The waterblovks for CPU and GPU, you need to find out if there is actually a waterblock made for your GPU if it is a reference model the answer is most likely yes there will be a full cover block for you.

You need to consider how much you would be willing to spend to get better cooling. If you decide it is too much money to go for a full loop CPU and GPU may as well know now because you could put something like the noctura D14, thermaltake silver arrow or the new phanteks air cooler in your case for amazing cooling and low noise in your case.

I can put a part list together for you but it would be better if you had an idea of your max budget before I blow it out the water so to speak,

It's not just the rad you need to think of if you are going to start doing a full custom loop it will go beyond the price of the contained loops or small single rad kits very quickly. Beefing up your pump getting a res, tubing, fittings 1,2,3 how ever many rads and all of their fans. The waterblovks for CPU and GPU, you need to find out if there is actually a waterblock made for your GPU if it is a reference model the answer is most likely yes there will be a full cover block for you.

You need to consider how much you would be willing to spend to get better cooling. If you decide it is too much money to go for a full loop CPU and GPU may as well know now because you could put something like the noctura D14, thermaltake silver arrow or the new phanteks air cooler in your case for amazing cooling and low noise in your case.

I can put a part list together for you but it would be better if you had an idea of your max budget before I blow it out the water so to speak,

I understand, and I'd say about 300 to 350 would be my budget. I spent some time looking at parts that would make up an overall system:

Xspc ex 240mm radiator- $50 US

Xspc raystorm amd waterblock~ $60

Ek 5.25 bay spining reservoir~ $70

Swiftech Mcp35x pump-$50

Fans??

Ex240 has 6 fittings and pipe with it

So this is some of the stuff i read up on and liked, But i would really like to know your opinion on some these parts and whatever you got

in mind for a wc system by all means share it, as long as it's no more than $350 I'm all ears. Also i plan on getting the new NVIDIA gtx 680

but I'm still debating whether to get the a new evga version that comes with a full cover $700 vs any regular gtx 680 $500 plus a waterblock. What's better?

Any thoughts would be appreciated