Need Opinion - 560ti or 560ti 448 core

Paradax

Alright thanks for all the suggestions, i am going to go with the 960t combo (assuming microcenter in st louis ever has either the gigabyte or asus motherboard in stock again), 4gb corsair ram, I think an ocz power supply cause theres a 600 w one with a mail in rebate at microcenter/newegg, and a 560ti

Alright thanks for all the suggestions, i am going to go with the 960t combo (assuming microcenter in st louis ever has either the gigabyte or asus motherboard in stock again), 4gb corsair ram, I think an ocz power supply cause theres a 600 w one with a mail in rebate at microcenter/newegg, and a 560ti

NOT OCZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless it is an OCZ re-branded version of a power and cooling PSU, then don't bother. If you need something cheap, try cooler master.

NOT OCZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless it is an OCZ re-branded version of a power and cooling PSU, then don't bother. If you need something cheap, try cooler master.

You do know that PC&C is now making all OCZ power supplies right?

You do know that PC&C is now making all OCZ power supplies right?

Yes, the exception is Microcenter. That is why I am telling him this. They still have a lot of old inventory from the days when OCZ was a PC death sentence. They do have a couple that are power and cooling, but not many. In fact I was just there a week ago and some kid was in there buying a whole new pc because his OCZ PSU killed his mobo GPU and CPU. So please watch out for old OCZ PSUs. :thumbsup:

Edited by Tjj226_Angel

Sent you a PM. Price is relative, but the GTX 560 Ti 448's performance lies closer to that of a GTX 570 than the GTX 560 Ti. Tough choice between the three, it really depends on whether you want/need the extra FPS and if you're going to overclock or not.

As the original post says, this computer needs to be able to play games for the next three to four years @ 1680x1050. The extra fps isnt a big deal currently im just trying to decide what would be best for a few years down the road.

The card, no matter what i go with will not be overclocked initially, but probably will be later just to squeeze a little bit more life out of the card.

On 1680x1050 you can max out anything on a 560 Ti except for maybe Metro 2033. And about the 4 years from now here's how I see it. Currently most games are made with the intention to be able to run on an XBox 360 (I guess you could call it a console bottleneck :teehee: )so until the next one comes out if it runs today well, then it will run well for quite a while. I've had my rig for 2 years now and games kind of have the same system requirements. In the next 4 years however a new XBox is sure to popout and newer more demanding games will be made ... but I'm strying from the subject a bit now.