Edifier S730 damaged in 1 day...

Lugia0529

I think most of you should know the Edifier S730 Speaker, that is a quite good speaker but my cousin damaged it in first day she receive it, the speaker is very healthy when I pass to her and we have try that speaker for a few hour, after the next day she tell me the speaker is damaged, really cant believe such speaker damaged in 1 day==

Now the speaker will have popping and cracking sound when try to make the volume above 16, it have a maximum volume of 50...Will try to warranty and hope the seller change a new speaker to us....

Anyone of you have this experience before? Buying a good speaker and damaged it in few days.

I think most of you should know the Edifier S730 Speaker, that is a quite good speaker but my cousin damaged it in first day she receive it, the speaker is very healthy when I pass to her and we have try that speaker for a few hour, after the next day she tell me the speaker is damaged, really cant believe such speaker damaged in 1 day==

Now the speaker will have popping and cracking sound when try to make the volume above 16, it have a maximum volume of 50...Will try to warranty and hope the seller change a new speaker to us....

Anyone of you have this experience before? Buying a good speaker and damaged it in few days.

It sounds like she has turned them up far to loud and damaged them.

If she blew it out they won't replace it.

Ya I know it, so I may try to say that speaker is damaged once I receive it...She got a Edifier HCS2330 and she also damage it, she is just a speaker killerpicard1.png

Or you could let your cousin learn a lesson and replace it herself rather than teaching her it's ok to break something and be dishonest about it to get a new one.

Or you could let your cousin learn a lesson and replace it herself rather than teaching her it's ok to break something and be dishonest about it to get a new one.

This. So very much this.

Lying especially won't work for this. Blown speakers are very easy to spot and no shipping damage would ever be similar.

This. So very much this.

Lying especially won't work for this. Blown speakers are very easy to spot and no shipping damage would ever be similar.

Actually I also dont want to help her warranty that speaker, I have to take a drive for 1 hour to reach the place I buy this speaker, I am also curious about how the speaker damaged, I think she just turn the volume to max and left it there, she also treat her HCS2330 like this before, turn the volume to max and keeping playing clubbing music. For me I wont treat my speaker like this, I have a Edifier M3300 for 7 years and it still healthy until now.

EDIT: I have seen something about burn-in in somewhere before, is that really important for a speaker to burn-in for some time? For me I wont turn the volume over 60% for first year I use it, is that her speaker is damaged due to instant turn the speaker to max volume without any burn-in?

Edited by Lugia0529

Burn in can make a diffarance but so does you input signal.

I get the feeling she was playing some very clipped signals and absolutely trashed the things. If the input was clean and the amplified signal wasn't clipping then chances of damage should have been minimal to none.

Let her replace it, I don't see why you should have to help her if she is going to be so inconsiderate.

• Like 1

Yea, and the speaker is very heavy, you have to have 2 person for easy transportation...It is very hard to move it with only 1 person. dry.gif

Nvm, if I got replace the speaker I will leave it in my home and use it for few days, the bass of the speaker is very deep and quite nice, very love it.