OverClocking My Machine

That CPU should be able to manage 1.50volts and the temperature are too low to cause an issue. Try unlocking the cores and running prime 95 @200 Fsb and see if its stable there and under 50c. If its prime 95 stable for 12 hours then go overclocking some more. The temps I would look for where your at is ideal for a full load temperature. Up to 55c after prime 95 is the highest I would let it go. The Max temp is 62 on that processor so you have no worries. The North bridge temps can get upwards of 50 and still be OK. That's a really nice board so you wont have any trouble.

I'm getting a new cpu as soon as possible, but im paying bills, and im still studying, so, little hard for now... i bought my cpu with my m4a785td-v evo more than two years ago... this board was bought last summer, because my m4a785td-v evo had a factory problem, so i bought this one to avoid being without pc for 2 months... that's why my cpu is the only setback you can see there... except for the hard drives, of course... i never bought an ssd before because i needed the free space on the hard drive... i only have around ~400Gb from my ~4,5 TB... next drive i will buy will definitly be an ssd drive... as for the cpu im thinking of a Phenom II 960T(to unlock for x6, and run it at around 3.4Ghz) or one Phenom II 965(to make it a 4.0GHz x4 or so...) Yeah... i know i could go farther, but my wife doens't let me be so much time in front of the computer... i cannot lose that time overclocking it... lol and she almost killed me because i left my pc on all night to check system stability... electrical bills in portugal are really expensive... lol

Anyways, as soon as i can i will try to push it a bit farher boinker... But i need to have the money for the new cpu first... i cannot stay without pc at home... i am studying programming, so, i need a good pc for it... and the laptop i have is a "toaster"... lol

News!!!! My cpu is now B50 x4 with an 205mhzx17(~3.5Ghz per core) with a ~1.48V in the CPU core. I made a long, long test with prime 95, testing all 4 workers, with 6700MB of ram testing, and the top temps it got to were: 43ºC in the NorthBridge, 44ºC on the CPU. On the other hand, right after this test, benchmarking with resident evil 5 and Devil May Cry 4 i got 35/36ºC on CPU and 45/46ºC on the Northbridge. The GPU core merely kissed the 65ºC and the mems were about 68º(tops) in both cases... I am oficially a sucessfull owner of a stable 3.4Ghz Phenom II x4 which started with as x2... My CPU was promoted! xDDD... well, at least i have more juice until i get a real 4-core cpu... or 6-core... who knows?!...

By the way: in 1280x720 i got an average of ~230FPS on DMC4 and in 1440x900 ~80FPS on resident evil 5 all settings maxed out, vsync off. which is pretty reasonable for my hardware xD... I'm happy, so, that's enough... :P lol

It has been a thrill to overclock... really... i loved it... :)

hi everyone im new to this overclocking just got this new system put together and need a little help to understand things i have a lian li case 775 watt psu a amd phenpm ii x6 1055t 1600 gskill ripjaw 8gig on a m5a99x evo board and in the bios it trells me i have 1333 so i tryed to use the ai suiteii and it seems to show i only got to go to 3.5 can anyone tell me how to get the 1600 memmory to work this thing is so slow all help would be great thank you

hi everyone im new to this overclocking just got this new system put together and need a little help to understand things i have a lian li case 775 watt psu a amd phenpm ii x6 1055t 1600 gskill ripjaw 8gig on a m5a99x evo board and in the bios it trells me i have 1333 so i tryed to use the ai suiteii and it seems to show i only got to go to 3.5 can anyone tell me how to get the 1600 memmory to work this thing is so slow all help would be great thank you

Welcome to OCC.

And please make a new thread.

This wouldn't be the place to ask that, you should post on the right forum threads...But i'm not gonna leave you with no answer... As far as i know, strangely, some memorys must be set manualy on the BIOS. My memories had the same problem, i had to set them manually... but be aware of the anounced voltage, that should be set manually also!!!! in the memory you may have a sticker with the info about it, use that info to set everything manually on the BIOS, don't try to OC or OV the memorys because you don't have a temperature reading in them, you might just blow them up!!!! If the memorys have no sticker, try to obtain that info where you bought your parts! don't try to guess things... My mems are a kit that looks a lot like yours... also gskill, also 1600, i bet yours are also 2x4GB, CL9 and 1.5V... Memories are very sensitive stuff, so be carefull!!! you might think that from 1.50v to 1.65v has no difference but i must advise you that it makes the difference, so see what you have first! and be carefull!!!!