Should I switch to water cooling?

Buy a 120mm rad bracket and a 240 rad kit (swiftech or xspc rasa) and mount the rad off the bracket off of the back of the case.

Give you plenty of cooling on the CPU and may look a bit ugly hanging off the back. However it is the best you can do without going to a new case.

I'm guessing they don't make any good single 120mm rads? Because I can fit a hefty sized single in the rear exhaust, or a single 140mm in the top exhaust if it's thin enough (which I'll measure if need be).. But is that correct, should I not even consider single fan radiators?

You could go single of you want however the cost of the bracket is ~$5-10 and will let you use a rad twice the size.

You could just go with a H80 for single 120rad. It would give better cooling than current cooling but it offers nothing on a d14 or proper water cooling.

Neither of which will fit in the case.

H80, bracket and 240 kit, new case and d14/phanteks air cooler are the three options I see for much better cooling.

• Like 1

A single radiator set-up will work but it kind of takes the worth out of doing it yourself water-cooling. If you are going to do a single 120 rad then go with a H60 or h80 as they will almost just as muck performance. The Only real other way to go about it is the Swiftech Kit with a pump and res integrated into the radiator. Thats going to be the best way. For just cooling the processor I would go with a Dual radiator and if you ever want to upgrade I would go with a triple. Worst case if the XSPC kit is better suited for you get the swiftech rad box and installed the radiator on the back fan.

The h70 is going to do a lot better Then the one you have. It would compair to a mocha d14 in performance and you should have a lot better template Then you do now. It will not perform near as well as a full custom loop like mine but it will do well. :)

Maybe the extre core is causing the heat? It must of been disabled for a reason... maybe heat related issue? I haven't seen a Dual core AMD processor on sale in a long time...

I've had that third core unlocked for over a year stable, but I had my overclock at 4.255 GHz for most of it. The 4.6GHz is the recent change, not the third core.

--And thanks Boinker, I'll just grab that for the time being. $40 isn't a terrible investment even if I end up replacing it later. You can close the thread if you want, I got my answer. Thanks everyone.

Edited by dragonsdontfly