OC fx6100 on asus 990fx any suggestions?

rieds

is 70C the max temp for a fx 6100 to run at? im doing some stress testing and i'm running around 64C.

Edited by rieds

i have the antec 920 water cooler. i'm wondering which one of my boards is off as far as temps. my old asus m5a78l-mx read about 10 degrees cooler than my new asus 990fx. i played with the core voltage and i got it at 1.43. thats as low as i can go with bus speed at 248 and multiplier at 19 for a total of 4712. i need to post all my settings to see if theres something i can change to bring temps down. granted i'll never get it as hot as prime 95 does but i'd like to see it a little lower. does nb frequency and hypertransport frequency have any effect on temps? i'm gonna play with it some more today then post all my bios settings to see if i can get anymore out of it. i see people running there fx6100 on the same board at 5100 but i can't even get windows to boot at that speed. don't know what there using for cooling. guess this antec cooler isn't quite as good as the guy at microcenter said it was or my fx6100 isn't quite as good as some peoples.

i dropped the nb and ht frequency down to 1990 from 2450 and temps dropped about 7-8 deg. the only problem i had at 2450 besides temps was an error on core 5 after about a half hour of the blend test on prime 95.

here's my bios settings:

Ai overclock tuner: manual

OC tuner: cancel

CPU ratio: 19

turbo core: disabled

cpu bus/peg freq: 248

pcie freq: auto

mem freq: 1652

cpu/nb freq: 1984

ht link speed: 1984

cpu spread spectrum: disabled

PCIe spread spectrum: disabled

epu power saving mode: disabled

dram tim: stock

dram driving: stock

cpu llc: extreme

cpu/nb llc: extreme

cpu current cap: 130%

cpu/nb current cap: 130%

cpu power phase: extreme

cpu voltage freq: auto

cpu power duty: t probe thermal

cpu/nb volts: manual

cpu volts: 1.43

all other volts auto

core unlocker enabled

cpu core activation: manual

3rd and 4th core: enabled

5th and 6th core: enabled

so far no errors or blue screens after a half hour. temps are cpu 60c, core temps 58c.

Edited by rieds

well i ran the max test 10 times on intelburn and got the same result everytime and ran prime95 for 4 hours with no errors or crashes so everything is stable. just having one problem, sleep function doesn't work anymore. it goes into partial sleep mode but doesn't shut off drives and fans. and you can't wake it up without restarting. any suggestions how to fix this?

i figured out the problem with the sleep function. as long as you keep the cpu bus freq speed under 245 the sleep mode works fine so i bumped the multiplier up to 19.5. so know i'm at 4776 stable and core temps dropped to 55c when stress testing.