Do we have any self proclaimed Tablet experts in the house?

Avinexis

Hardware side it seems pretty decent but... the screen Sure its Capacitive but the resolution is low, this won't make a good video experience. On the plus side you won't need much storage if you re-encode your videos to match.

If you can you need to check out some 7" tablets in person especially at that resolution.

A tablet is a media consumption device, it needs to be good the reading/watching/listening. The listening can sort of justify you getting a decent set of headphones given the size we can accept this as headphones aren't a large expense but if adding a better display was required!

You're going to be looking at this a lot. Its not a phone where you put it in your pocket and occassionally play with a few apps, because you know you bought a phone not a mini TV.

Edited by suedenim

I decided I'd get the tablet I linked first. It seems like a nice little buy, it'll do most (if not all) of the things I want it to do, and it's inexpensive :) Not only that but the seller has 4,000 ratings averaging 4.8. It looks like a nice little performer. However it wont arrive for another week or two because it's currently out of stock. Wish me luck! :thumbsup: