Simple HTPC

nugga

Haha don't worry and I have recommended some they are embedded in the words high quality and quiet.

Bare in mind the noctuas I linked cost a lot and you could go with something else like the fractal design ones which while maybe not performing as well due to lower rpm and much lower cfm are cheaper and slighty quieter (although take manufactures ratings with a grain of salt)

If it ended up being 4 fractal silent vs 2 noctua at roughly the same price as it has here I would say fractal although I can look some more tomorrow if you want.

I'm using a Noctua CPU-cooler in my Desktop and i really like it a lot, it's a little exspensive though, but do i really need 4 fans?

And i would very much appreciate if you could recommend a fan setup for me.

BTW what will a tv-tuner, which can record television while i'm watching something else, cost?

I'm using a Noctua CPU-cooler in my Desktop and i really like it a lot, it's a little exspensive though, but do i really need 4 fans?

And i would very much appreciate if you could recommend a fan setup for me.

BTW what will a tv-tuner, which can record television while i'm watching something else, cost?

600 for the one from hauppaguage that I would recommend. It has dual tuners and a remote but costs quiet a bit however you can record one full hd show while watching another.

You could get a really cheap USB tuner however getting a high quality tuner that can do everything you require and one that comes with a remote the works 100% seamlessly with WMC which is what I currently have set up myself.

I only have a dual tuner USB due to it will end up going around with my laptop once I finally get to putting my htpc together.

In regards to fans if you do fill the 4 spots on the side you will ensure airflow across all parts of the mono and it's components which is great for cooling and if you use 4 slow and quiet fans you shouldn't hear them.

600 for the one from hauppaguage that I would recommend. It has dual tuners and a remote but costs quiet a bit however you can record one full hd show while watching another.

You could get a really cheap USB tuner however getting a high quality tuner that can do everything you require and one that comes with a remote the works 100% seamlessly with WMC which is what I currently have set up myself.

I only have a dual tuner USB due to it will end up going around with my laptop once I finally get to putting my htpc together.

In regards to fans if you do fill the 4 spots on the side you will ensure airflow across all parts of the mono and it's components which is great for cooling and if you use 4 slow and quiet fans you shouldn't hear them.

Thanks a lot i really appreciate all the help i can get :)

When you say 600 i guess you are talking about us dollars?

In that case, it's way above my budget. In fact i never really considered buying a TV-tuner i just wanted price :)

Thanks a lot i really appreciate all the help i can get :)

When you say 600 i guess you are talking about us dollars?

In that case, it's way above my budget. In fact i never really considered buying a TV-tuner i just wanted price :)

No I am talking dkk

Hauppauge! WinTV Nova Duet USB Tuner - 285, this is the usb one, relatively cheap dual dvb-t tuner (although it may or may not be limited to SD i will have to check)

WinTV-Duet has dual DVB-T digital TV receivers with these great features

- Watch DVB-T digital TV programme on your laptop or desktop PC screen, in a resizable window or full screen.

- Watch one DVB-T digital TV channel while recording another. Or record two digital TV programmes at once. The dual tuners of WinTV-Duet makes sure you’ll never miss your favourite TV programme again!

- Record digital TV programmes to your PC’s hard disk in native digital quality. Play them back at any time.

- Windows Media Center compatible.

- Includes Hauppauge’s IR remote control for easy control of WinTV or Microsoft Media Center application.

Turns out it is a different model to what I though it was although there is this

Hauppauge! WinTV-NOVA-TD-500 HD PCI Tuner - 579, this has the capability to do dual HD recording/recording one and playing another

Dual DVB-T tuner for your PC. Record up to two Freeview digital TV channels at the same time!

- Watch one DVB-T digital TV programme on your PC while recording another. Or record two digital TV channels at the same time. Built-in dual DVB-T receivers with high sensitivity technology!

- Digital radio on your PC, too!

- Includes our free 7 day EPG plus WinTV-Scheduler, so you can schedule the recording of up to two overlapping digital TV programmes using high quality MPEG-2 encoding!

- Includes ergonomic remote control.

WinTV-NOVA-TD 500 features

- Dual Freeview digital DVB-T receiver for your PC. Watch one DVB-T digital TV channel while recording another. Or record two digital TV programmes at once using high quality MPEG-2 video!

- High sensitivity dual DVB-T tuners for the best digital TV reception.

- WinTV-Scheduler & our 7 day EPG are included to easily record your favourite TV shows.

- Listen to Digital stereo radio (DVB-T radio).

- Windows XP and XP Media Center Edition compatible*.

- Includes the Hauppauge IR remote control for easy control of the TV functions under Windows XP.

Just copied descriptions of features from Hauppauge hope this helps