What Needs to Be Cooled and What Doesn't

NikoDG

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these should have dedicated cooling solutions (water blocks/heatsinks) in a highly overclocked rig?

• CPU
    • GPU
    • Chipset
    • RAM
    • HDD
    • Mosfet / Volt Reg

Do it. Oh, and pics or it never happened :lol:

Oh by the way, I heard something about high voltages, a naked mosfet, and fire. Your name was somewhere in there too Waco :P

The fire part wasn't fun...but at least it was stable until it blew up. :lol:

As for refrigerator compressors - they aren't rated for 24/7 operation and would fail in pretty short order if you used one on a computer.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They make ones that are rated for 100% duty cycle. A compressor and an evaporator for a butchers refrigerated room. Though expensive it would be epic to see. And technically the phase change system would be operating as its disigned. Pull heat out and eventually once Delta is reached replace it with cold air.

i think cpu, mobo, gpu and maybe ram. im watercooling all those on my new build

Any idea when that will be done? I wanna come grief you MC server... I mean, uh... Fill it full of cobblestone shacks... No wait, umm... Ah screw, I'm gonna put TNT all over the freaking place :lol:

Any idea when that will be done? I wanna come grief you MC server... I mean, uh... Fill it full of cobblestone shacks... No wait, umm... Ah screw, I'm gonna put TNT all over the freaking place :lol:

it will be done when intel decides to release the sb-e xeons and evga releases the sr3

going to do red and white for umbrella actually, only the green and blue res's

So red/white tubes? Even better in what is most expected to be a red/black mobo.

You should update your worklog some more :P I want to see that desk completely painted and clear coated.

@Niko

Worked out what your planning to in regards to your cooling yet?

So red/white tubes? Even better in what is most expected to be a red/black mobo.

You should update your worklog some more :P I want to see that desk completely painted and clear coated.

yeah, doing cutting this weekend so should be doing more painting next week.

had a week long lan this week so couldnt work on desk, but worth it