Plasma vs LED

NikoDG

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which tv do you think is better?

• Plasma
    • LED

I'm guessing that's a Panasonic?

@ TJ - Don't forget shipping if you buy online, shipping a 60" Plasma would cost a ton.

That's where Newegg's awesome shipping comes into play.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to stop calling it an LED TV. It is an LCD screen with LED backlighting along the edge. If you must add LED to it, call it an LED-LCD.

You guys get so touchy about your LED tv's, trololol :P

PS: We need a troll smiley.

Speaking of manufacturers, who is everyone's favorite flat panel manufacturer? For plasmas, and LED's? Personally I'm thinking my next tv better be made by Samsung.

Samsung or Asus.

Apple would be another great screen company if they could stop being such a load of pansies and start selling their screens without their crap computers like I have asked a billion times.

Samsung or Asus.

Apple would be another great screen company if they could stop being such a load of pansies and start selling their screens without their crap computers like I have asked a billion times.

I lol'ed at this

The $1500 I paid included shipping. :P

How big was that tv? :O

@ Dan - No one buys what anymore? Plasmas? Lol, I beg to differ. I'm not sure if they suffer from dead pixels, none of the plasmas I've owned have though. Mine mostly suffer from my sister breaking them. RAGE! :ouch:

Edited by NikoDG

You guys get so touchy about your LED tv's, trololol :P

PS: We need a troll smiley.

:pfp::typing:

It helps if you use the right term when describing a TV.

Ps, learn to edit a post instead of constantly double posting.

:pfp::typing:

It helps if you use the right term when describing a TV.

Ps, learn to edit a post instead of constantly double posting.

Well it's not like anyone doesn't know what I mean when I say LED tv, if I said LCD tv there is no specificity to it, so I take a shortcut. Why does that get your panties in a knot?

As for your second thought, this site isn't as friendly from a cell phone.

No one beats Amazon on shipping - most items ship for free and if you're an Amazon Prime member than 2-day free shipping. I would prefer to buy a TV in a local store anyways because if anything went wrong it is a LOT easier to take it to the store and deal with it all in one day then back and forth shipping with any online retailer ...not to mention the wait time.

LED-LCD - None (I have yet to see one I like)

Plasma - Panasonic

CFL-LCD - Samsung

How big was that tv? :O

@ Dan - No one buys what anymore? Plasmas? Lol, I beg to differ. I'm not sure if they suffer from dead pixels, none of the plasmas I've owned have though. Mine mostly suffer from my sister breaking them. RAGE! :ouch:

My sister broke the microwave, but before she broke the plasma tv I threw a shiny poptart wrapper at the bottom of the pool and when she jumped in after it I put the pool cover back on top. This is what we call a proactive approach Niko ;)