Has anyone tried this?

aaron6581230

I've thought about it, and it's fine as long as you allow some added length on the tubing so you can easily open your side panel to make changes. I prefer the side panel for getting extra airflow to the components than just relying on the front panel, though.

:mfp: I didn't realize we were talking about self-contained WC kits. Maybe for GPU cooling.

Lol there SHOULD be enough tubing. I'm gonna try mounting it on top though, in the slot closer to the front of the case. There is enough clearance for 1 fan...I'm just not sure about 2 (push/pull)

Boinker and I mounted an h50 on the side panel of some cheap case i bought to house my nefews comp. It worked fine and just made us swing the door side ways. but the comp didn't seem to work. Got stolen before I could figure out what was wrong, so no way of saying how well it worked.

Boinker and I mounted an h50 on the side panel of some cheap case i bought to house my nefews comp. It worked fine and just made us swing the door side ways. but the comp didn't seem to work. Got stolen before I could figure out what was wrong, so no way of saying how well it worked.

Didn't seem to work?

it was my old setup that we did our best to hit 4.0 on air which would have been a world record :P so we may have fried something. It worked while in my case still, but after installing it in the new case it wouldn't boot. Hence the reason I can't say how well it worked. Mounting it on the side panel was easy and didn't cause any problems with opening the case.