GTX 260 underclocking

Kuronin

Hello everyone, It's been a while since I've been on the OCC. I've had trouble keeping up with the new hardware being pumped out due to money limitations.

However, I am having trouble recently with my GTX 260 core 216. I am running the latest drivers from Nvidia, 290.53. My 260 appears to be underclocking itself to a 400 MHz core clock. Even though I've set it to a 700MHz core clock. The stock speed of my 260 is 576 MHz, and even when I reset to the clock speeds to their default, Rivatuner shows the core clock at 400MHz, I am absolutely stumped on this issue, and any advice would be taken seriously. I am uploading a screenshot with EVGA Precision tool, and Rivatuner showing my predicament.

Thank you.

post-64543-0-33004000-1324578025_thumb.png

Its cool.

Is this during gaming or is this when you are in windows doing 2d operations. Whenever the graphics card is not being used for 3d rendering or gaming it will throttle down to save power and keep it cool. Play a game or start a windowed gpu tester such as occt and see if the clock speed comes up. That should bring the card up to full speed.

I had the same problem a while back with my GTX 470. I cannot say exactly what one thing fixed it, but I updated the drivers to the newest version and also messed with the IOH voltage on my motherboard. See this thread for advice on tweaking your IOH voltage. I think the voltage increase helped, but eventually the newest drivers helped stabilize the card so it stayed at 3D clock speeds. Hope you fix the issue, I know how annoying it can be!