Cooler Master 690 II Adv. USB 3.0

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not owned one. But from what I understand from other people on the forums they are a great case with water cooling potential and good air cooling capabilities.

Check out a review one of our guys did. He gave it good marks and its a good read about it.

CM 690 II advanced

Thats going to be a close race there. Sorry but to tell you properly what one would perform better and where I would need them both tested and in front of me to do so. I know the 500r is a good case as we have reviewed that one but not its little brother. Honest to god I think both the cases are nearly the same except for minor features and differences. MINOR i suggest IMHO. What one looks better to you??

500R beats 690 II advanced IMO.

One of my friends bought 690II Advanced 5 months ago, and the paint of that chassis begun to rust just after 2 months of buying May be his chassis was bad, but after that incident, I stopped advising 690 II advanced.

Thats going to be a close race there. Sorry but to tell you properly what one would perform better and where I would need them both tested and in front of me to do so. I know the 500r is a good case as we have reviewed that one but not its little brother. Honest to god I think both the cases are nearly the same except for minor features and differences. MINOR i suggest IMHO. What one looks better to you??

thanks :biggrin: , i reckon the 400r looks really good, but so does the 692 adv, the 692 has dust filters all round the case so that really caught my eye

500R beats 690 II advanced IMO.

One of my friends bought 690II Advanced 5 months ago, and the paint of that chassis begun to rust just after 2 months of buying May be his chassis was bad, but after that incident, I stopped advising 690 II advanced.

u serious? how'd it rust! :unsure:

I picked up the CM 690 II Advanced recently, and I have to say that it's been a pleasure to work with. My only complaint is that the Hard Drive activity light is actually the single brightest LED light in the history of the universe. Seriously, I have slept with a Sunbeam Transformer in my room, full blast with fans and lights, and this thing actually kept me up. I fixed it by putting a penny over the top of it ;).

That said, I was disappointed that I had some issues with my 120mm radiator going at the bottom of the case. I didn't try particularly hard, as I'll be swapping my hardware soon anyway, but my power supply was just in the way of mounting it on the bottom. When mounted on top, there's not quite enough room for a push/pull configuration (when putting 2 120mm fans on the "outside"/underneath the top section) with normal fans, but there might be hope for ultra thin fans to do so.

Overall, I'd give the case about a 7/10, but for non watercoolers it's easily a 9/10, especially for the price.

lol...is the HDD activity light and Power light located at the top?

Yes, and it lights up my entire room. I have 2 Yate Loon 120mm Blue LED fans, as well as the front mounted LED Fan, and it's brighter than all 3 of them.

Also, for a cool little side note: the front panel LED fan leaks light into the 5.25" bays, where I have my dual-bay reservoir. This gives the front window on the res a really awesome glow effect from the fan, and you can see the lights dancing on the opposite wall as the water flows through. Will post pics later on.

Edit: pic

Edited by iskout