Hyrbid Drives or SRT

NikoDG

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Srt - smart response technology, it is ment to be sb efficent SSD caching tech incorporated into z68 mobos and can also be used on single HDDs or RAID arrays.

Does it have to be a Z68 mobo? I was hoping to go with a Rampage IV Extreme.

And here we go...

http://www.thinkdigit.com/Parts-Peripherals/ASUS-announces-X79-boards-with-Thermal-Armor_7810.html

ASUS SSD Caching: The Intel Smart Reponse Technology (SRT) technology will not be present on the E-Series of processors. To give users this feature found in the Z68 chipset based boards, ASUS SSD Caching has been enabled on all boards. It has a set of advantages over the Intel SRT such as quick setup, no limit on the SSD capacity (there was an upper limit of 64 GB in Intel SRT caching) and you do not need to reinstall Windows for setting up SSD caching. The onboard Marvell 9128 SATA controller is a dedicated controller for ASUS SSD caching. Advantages of the SSD caching feature includes quicker access of most used files, faster data transfer and faster booting up time.

<3 you ASUS!!! :D

Oh, this website has it's information mixed up a little too after a closer look. It says the Marvel controller acts as the dedicated controller for the SSD's, but the ROG Rampage IV doesn't have that controller, but the Sabertooth and P9X79 both do. So if I want SRT I will have to do a minor downgrade on my motherboard.