My new dell IPS screens

Muchoman1

That works. I don't know many sites in Australia, so I mostly just check the manufacturer's pages to see what they have. :lol: The one per customer totally sucks though...

Hopefully you can get them ordered through your work. If you can, you won't have any 3D support, but you will get some great monitors to run in portrait mode. If you're still set on 3D, the Samsung you originally picked would work, but I don't know if AMD has HD3D support for it or not.

• 1 month later...

well, my monitors are all gone, now my rig is running off a 19 inch monitor i got with my hp pc 8 years ago lol

so now im looking for the best screen config that i can get, for less than 300 per screen or less than 900 for a big screen

im looking for a ips screen, and i like the look of doing triple monitors in portrait eyefinity, but that is a bit of a hassle when doing things like cinema 4d and photoshop, as the bezels can get in the way and block toolbars and what im working on etc, so something like a nice 27 could work, but then then its not as much for gaming.

ive seen some thin bezel mods done, and considering the amount of modding im doing on other things i dont mind doing some more, so im looking for screens that have thin bezels or can be modded to do so, looking for under 1.5cm combined, but under 1cm combined would be best

going to be running dual/triple 7970s, so performance isnt an issue

So wait, your three monitors are gone finally? And you just have a 19"? Oh man..

Do you prefer a single, larger screen or would you still want an Eyefinity setup? I know you mention both, but which would you prefer in the long run?

yeah, the 30 inch is out of my price range, but i can get the 27 inch ultrasharp which is still higher res.

i do a fair bit of gaming and i would prefer eyefinity due to the larger screen and higher res for the same price, but i am really not a fan of the bezels

ive seen some pretty good bezel removing mods, but none done to the screen im looking at now which is this

http://accessories.ap.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=au&cs=audhs1&l=en&s=dhs&sku=230-12158&redirect=1

these things go on sale for 220 with free shipping about once a month or so, so i think i might get 3 of them next time its on sale.

and yes, im running a single 19 inch atm, which is a pain in the arse going from 4 screens to 3 to 2 now just this one, but ive also been parting out my rig as im preparing for the srx, already sold off a 6970 and my h70, and my friend is taking the rest of it in a month or so

yeah, the 30 inch is out of my price range, but i can get the 27 inch ultrasharp which is still higher res.

i do a fair bit of gaming and i would prefer eyefinity due to the larger screen and higher res for the same price, but i am really not a fan of the bezels

ive seen some pretty good bezel removing mods, but none done to the screen im looking at now which is this

http://accessories.ap.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=au&cs=audhs1&l=en&s=dhs&sku=230-12158&redirect=1

these things go on sale for 220 with free shipping about once a month or so, so i think i might get 3 of them next time its on sale.

and yes, im running a single 19 inch atm, which is a pain in the arse going from 4 screens to 3 to 2 now just this one, but ive also been parting out my rig as im preparing for the srx, already sold off a 6970 and my h70, and my friend is taking the rest of it in a month or so

Have you seen these yet? Just something to consider although the actual makeup of the monitor is as friendly in terms of height adjustment ect.

LG IPS236V-PN 23in IPS Widescreen LED Monitor