Which is better, higher bclk or higher overall frequency?

Shurman292

Go to page 2 of the overclocking guide I gave you above. It explains what QPI and Uncore frequencies are :)

Sorry about the delays, I'm currently in the process of studying for my finals next week :( I have read the guide you posted before (skimmed is the more appropriate word) but I still was not sure where to find the uncore frequency. I looked it up and apparently it shows up as the Northbridge frequency in CPU-Z. Mine is currently 2974 mhz.

Sorry about the delays, I'm currently in the process of studying for my finals next week :( I have read the guide you posted before (skimmed is the more appropriate word) but I still was not sure where to find the uncore frequency. I looked it up and apparently it shows up as the Northbridge frequency in CPU-Z. Mine is currently 2974 mhz.

No worries. Wish you all the best for your finals my friend!

2974 MHz is perfect as bloomfields chips (like the i7 930) require the uncore to be at least 2x the DDR speed - ie: 1487 MHz DDR speed implies >= 2974 MHz uncore

The P6X58D-E motherboard manual says that uncore freq. is given by UCLK in the BIOS. I think it might be set to AUTO in the BIOS which is why you can't see its value.

But this is getting off topic now... :lol:

Both are stable at 1.9375vcore and reach the same temperature, so does it matter which one I choose?

Is that your CPU voltage ? If so , Im surprised your chip hasn't melted yet :P

Is that your CPU voltage ? If so , Im surprised your chip hasn't melted yet :P

:lol: My bad! Let's try 1.19375...I knew that looked a little high :pfp:

Thanks Locutus, I plan on tightening the timings once life settles down a little bit.

Alexandre: yeah I knew it had to be two times, I just didn't know which was reporting the uncore frequency. In my bios, it gives me different options for the RAM multiplier but it does not specify what the multiplier (or uncore) is exactly. At stock it just says auto, 1066, 1333, 1600 and so on, it does not give anything else. Thanks for all your help!