Which sound card for my Logitech Z-5500?

xofa

Hello everyone. I just bought a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD Sound Card for my surround set home at home, a Logitech Z-5500. Normally I have always been using on board sound, but I now got the money and I would like to take it to the next level. To my very big surprise the card I bought didn't work with my Z-5500!! :( So I had to RMA it back.. Jesus..

Some clever people told me I should look for a sound card with 5.1 on it? And one that fits for my z-5500 of course. Some said I should look for Asus Xonar products while other claim I should get the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium..

Is there a friendly soul out there that can help me out on this matter?

Let me just say, the price for this sound card is not a big problem. Im willing to pay what it costs.

I use my Logitech Z-5500 for movies, music and gaming. Headset(Sennheiser PC 360) when im playing CO-OP games, talking with people on skype etc.

So basically.. The perfect / best card of all time for my Logitech Z-5500.

Which to get?

Thanks in advance :)

Cheers

We need some more info

1.What are your system specs?

2.Why didn't the card work?

3. What type of card do you need, as in which type of PCI lane do you need

4.Do you just use your headset or do you have a 5.1 system as well

IMO I would get the ASUS thou.

We need some more info

1.What are your system specs?

2.Why didn't the card work?

3. What type of card do you need, as in which type of PCI lane do you need

4.Do you just use your headset or do you have a 5.1 system as well

IMO I would get the ASUS thou.

1)

CPU: Intel 2500k - 3.30GHz

GFX: Nvidia GTX 590 3GB

MB: MSI Z68A-GD65

Ram: Kingston HyperX 1600MHz 16GB

PSU: Silent Pro Gold 1000W

2) The card didn't work because I couldn't connect the cables from my z5500 into the card.. And also I found out the card was only 2.0 stereo :/

3) PCI / PCI Express. Whatever fits my motherboard.

4) Yeah I use my Sennhiser PC 360 as well, but only for CO-OP games, and speaking on skype. Watching movies, listen to music and some games are on my z5500

1)

CPU: Intel 2500k - 3.30GHz

GFX: Nvidia GTX 590 3GB

MB: MSI Z68A-GD65

Ram: Kingston HyperX 1600MHz 16GB

PSU: Silent Pro Gold 1000W

2) The card didn't work because I couldn't connect the cables from my z5500 into the card.. And also I found out the card was only 2.0 stereo :/

3) PCI / PCI Express. Whatever fits my motherboard.

4) Yeah I use my Sennhiser PC 360 as well, but only for CO-OP games, and speaking on skype. Watching movies, listen to music and some games are on my z5500

So you only use your headset and not speakers? it would'nt matter if the card is 2.0 or 5.1 then, also with a soundcard with a headset the sound woundn't improve that much, with a 5.1 system it would.

Im my opinion you should get the Xonar D2x because it gives you the nice analougue 5.1 as well as all the digital goodies you could want for the Z5500's especially the digital passthrough option to really enjoy digital HD movies.

Just my 2c coz I love mine

So you only use your headset and not speakers? it would'nt matter if the card is 2.0 or 5.1 then, also with a soundcard with a headset the sound woundn't improve that much, with a 5.1 system it would.

Well I use the z5500 for movies, music and games? Like 90% of the time, 10% headset.