MSI GTX 580 Lightning

treboRR

is it worth to put 2xNoctua 120mm fans on it?? I mean i will take off the metall cover from heatsinks and remove the orig. fans and screw the noctuas on that card. Has anyone done that? and does it help, and how much.

I know that this card has awsome cooling but it gets abit noisy when i want to hold the temps under 70C with OC and playing BF3.... :withstupid:

You should have bought the Gigabyte GTX 580 SOC then. It is far more silent that the MSI lightning, while being able to OC just as high or higher, at comfortable temps :)

Edited by Redspeed93

You should have bought the Gigabyte GTX 580 SOC then. It is far more silent that the MSI lightning, while being able to OC just as high or higher, at comfortable temps :)

that wasn't my question what card woud or should i buy!!! MY question was, can i actually put those fans on there (i assume i can, but has anyone done that??? comments please)

But MSI has better power solution than Gigabytes cards, but it is Vice versa with motherboards.... gigabytes plates are more apealing to me than the MSI ones! But both are good!

that wasn't my question what card woud or should i buy!!! MY question was, can i actually put those fans on there (i assume i can, but has anyone done that??? comments please)

But MSI has better power solution than Gigabytes cards, but it is Vice versa with motherboards.... gigabytes plates are more apealing to me than the MSI ones! But both are good!

I have seen a another member try something like this, the temps got worse. Unless your WC don't mess with the stock cooler.