Is this cooling decent for my system

Kylothian

I wanted to get your thoughts and input on what the best cooling will be for my setup.

This is what im currently running:

Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3

CPU: AMD X6 1100T 3.3GHZ Black Edition

Memory: 4x 2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3- 1600Mhz CL9

Graphics Card: ASUS EAH5850 DirectCU TOP/2DIS/1GD5

Case: Coolermaster CM690ii Advanced

At the moment my CPU fan is the stock one that came with the chip and then i have the 3 case fans that came with the case

Now i was looking at the following cpu cooler - Coolermaster Hyper N620 CPU Cooler it looks decent and powerfull, will this fit on my CPU? sorry im a bit noobish with socket sizes ect.

With that im also going to get the Zulman VF3000A - ATi Edition VGA Cooler and 2x CMXAF2 Airflow 2 Memory Cooler.

Hopefully with all this my system should run colder and look alot cooler ^^

wanted to get your thoughts, is there anything else you would recommend.

Im a bit wary of liquid cooling cause with my luck the entire thing will explode lol

cheerz

thanks in advanced

Hey there. Glad you are looking to get rid of the stock cooler.

From a budget perspective the coolermater hyper 212 evo or the hyper n would be a good cooler. Zalman makes a nice one named the 9900 the performs well, then on to the larger coolers and then you have self contained liquid cooling. It all depends on your budget. If you are looking for the best performance possible then liquid is going to be the best. If you want it simple then you could place a corsair h80 in the rear fan or an h100 in the top to get you going. Then there is full custom water cooling that we could guide you through setting up. I'm in the process of making a guide for that so ill keep you updated for it. For about 130-150 you could have a water cooling kit but it all depends on how far you wish to go and what components. Let us know what your budget is and we would be able to better assist you in the best cooler for the money. And if you are going to use a memory cooler then I would aim for self contained liquid coolers like the h100.

Your CPU socket is socket am3. So anything that is am3 and will fit in your case should work nicely.

Let us know what you wish to do and we will get you going.

Later, boinker

Your cooling seems fine, just watch your temps. :cheers:

I'm not sure you saw it but he Is using the stock cooler. I know you can use the stock heatsink fan to overclock but if you want to push that chip then you will need a better cooler.

I'm not sure you saw it but he Is using the stock cooler. I know you can use the stock heatsink fan to overclock but if you want to push that chip then you will need a better cooler.

He didn't say anything about OCing. So for right now it's fine but if he does want to then it would be a must.

Howzit

Thanks for the replies guys. Im not keen on overclocking my system it runs perfect the way it is. My temps is normal just some days it gets hot as hell then i just use a normal fan :P WIth water/liquid cooling is something ive considerd but knowing my luck it will explode and fry my system lol :P

Was thinking to put in some cooling to make the system look cooler ^^ and i recently upgraded from a x4 965 to the x6 1100t so i thought new cooling was needed.

Im really keen on investing in some cooling can never hurt. but if you say my current setup is good enough then ill keep as is for now and look at it at a later stage

thanks alot for the help :)

I am a huge fan of the self container liquid cooling kits like the Corsair H series or Antec H2O. These take up less space on the motherboard and make RAM options more available, general run very quiet and are competative with higher end air coolers. I would get an Antec 620 and not look back. This will fit the needs you have expressed well.

The XIGMATEK Gaia SD1283 for 4.99 after rebate and it should fit your system.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835233082

I have the same MOB and Ram as you but a 1055T CPU. My case is an Antec P183.

The Gaia just fits but you have to remove the memory from the first two slots to install the fan then you can replace the memory. My temps dropped like crazy from the stock AMD. I used Arctic 5. I have plenty of room for a second fan if I need additional cooling.

Edited by phil69