Sandy mobo recommendation

Sorry, yes I knew about that, ASUS and ASrock have been seprate companies for a a while now.

As for phase counts, it is with SB more CPU bound, as always.. however a board with higher phase counts does help it in more ways than just overclock, Ie is able to provide cleaner power with less spikes, less Vdrop so you don't need to put the Vcore up to much to counter. The mobo side benifits is that its power circitry runs cooler as the load is spread more(techincly). I m not saying thats a fact I m just sharing what I seen..Not like the ASrock needs to worry in that department.

I m based around a LGA775 so things are called different on my platform so sorry if I said something I shouldn't have.

Edited by AMG

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Asus does not own ASRock nor do they own Pegatron. IIRC they share a board manufacturer and that's about it these days.

Asus made Pegatron as a subsidiary back in 2007 as a business restructure........... If you research, Pegatron owns Asrock......

Pegatrron owns ASRock... Asus owns Pegatron.... The investment company now operates Pegatron seperately from Asus as of Sept 2010 but Asus still owns shares in Pegratron. They are not operated under Asustek name anymore.

Edited by Drdeath

1. Asus owns shares in Pegatron Corp

2. They share the same board

3. ASRock gets access to ASUS' Intellectual Property

4. They share the same foundry

Also, They are all within 1500metres of each other. Not that this matters but I just thought I'd throw this in there for fun!

Pegatron (yellow), Asus (Red), AsRock (red A)

wol_error.gifThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1593x585.Untitled.jpg

Edited by Drdeath

Okay I don't know how we came to this topic :P

I think I'm going to get a gen 3 mobo which will be the ASrock as its grown on me with its pretty gold caps

It's a solid board, I just don't like ASRock boards any more. :P

The Extreme 7 gen 3 is the way to go if you can swing the price. The board is just plain very SOLID. I am thinking all the AsRock Extreme series would most likely be as solid. The options are great and other then a few of the voltages being a little lower then what my ram was wanting I have had no issues. The VTT needed a small bump to stabalize at 1.35 volts, bt that could be because I am running 4 X 4GB sticks in my system.

Yeah £200 for a board is a bit steep to be honest considering its not really needed £160 is a sweet spot for SB mobos it seems

Althrough I will be having 8Gb only 1600 ram as I don't see the need for faster, I will be trying to do a run for 5.0Ghz

Don't buy a MSI z68a gd65 (g3). It will be a good board if they ever get the bios bugs worked out.

Was consdiering it, but the ASrock and gigabyte look to be better boards anyways, so it took the bulliet a while ago :P

Was consdiering it, but the ASrock and gigabyte look to be better boards anyways, so it took the bulliet a while ago :P

Gigabyte, Asus and Asrock make great boards and they are stern competitiors. Stay away from MSI...