AMD FX series overclocking problems

FETKun

If the system is reset to default, then the system is back to the Cool'n'Quiet mode...

So, the system will constantly try to throttle down to lower frequency and voltage to save your power bill.

Only when you need the raw power, it will push to your maximum setting. I don't see why people will want this disable, there is simply no reason for you to run it as max 24/7 if you are not needing the power.

Maybe run a multi-threated encoding software on your system and pump to 8 threads to see if your system indeed is capable to run at 4.3 GHz constantly and reliably.

As I said, your first screen shot seems to confirm that the system is able to get to 4.3 GHz with your current setting already.

Not sure, that's what I'm searching for... for my FSB and multiplier numbers to keep changing randomly, I'd suspect power management related settings to be the root cause, like the others have speculated at. But I still cannot find anything in the BIOS, ASUS suite, or even Windows 7's power management settings that could be the problem.

So I was able to find addition settings marked under 'APM'. Disabling this allowed the system to maintain it's set clock frequency. However, I booted up today to find my motherboard acting as if it was reset to defaults... The CPU settings were stock, but the rest of settings were still in tact. I've been using the ASUS suite to adjust the settings, so when I get home from work, I'm just going to do it in the BIOS directly and see what happens.

Thanks for the help so far guys.

FETkum - One additional thing............

In Windows 7 power management settings make sure that you've chosen the "high performance" power plan. Any other setting and Windows 7 will attempt to throttle your cpu.

So I was able to find addition settings marked under 'APM'. Disabling this allowed the system to maintain it's set clock frequency. However, I booted up today to find my motherboard acting as if it was reset to defaults... The CPU settings were stock, but the rest of settings were still in tact. I've been using the ASUS suite to adjust the settings, so when I get home from work, I'm just going to do it in the BIOS directly and see what happens.

Thanks for the help so far guys.

AI Suite applies the settings for the current session only. They are not saved for the next reboot.

That's exactly right... So, saving your setting into a profile, so you can easily revert back to the overclocked setting easily...

AI Suite applies the settings for the current session only. They are not saved for the next reboot.