fans

dazzareds

Hi all

I have a 2500k with a in win grifin case would a Hyper 212 evo fit

dazza

You would be pushing it very close but it may be possible, depending how much pace there is behind your mobo tray.

In the end it will be within mm. My case is 10mm wider than yours and I have the 212+ which is basicly the same size as the 212 evo and I have just about 10mm clearance tops.

Not sure. that big side panel fan may be in the way. Should fit just fine without the fan in there but with it in I'm not sure. Maybe you could trade out the Large fan for 2 120mm fans in the Lower slots on the case side panel??

Thanks for the advice.. boinker I was concerned with the large fan and thinking about two smaller fans ( they will be easer to control ) so I might have to consdider that a bit more. the other problem is that I have a really cheap graphic card as it was all I could afford at the time of build so upgrading would take up more space but I really need to upgrade fron the stock fan.

Just get a ruler and measure it. The Hyper 212 is about 160mm from the top of the CPU (or bottom of the cooler where it makes contact with the CPU) to the heatpipes on the cooler. If it's too large to fit in your case then just get a 92mm CPU cooler like the Arctic Cooler Freezer 7 Pro or something like that.

Edited by OrangeJuice