Fans for 800D

hawkin90

So, I have completed the most of my build. Now I was thinking about getting three 120mm for the top of my case.

I know most things hardware related but when it comes to fans I'm just..confused what to get.

Any recommendations?

Also, will the fans make any noticeable difference?

So, I have completed the most of my build. Now I was thinking about getting three 120mm for the top of my case.

I know most things hardware related but when it comes to fans I'm just..confused what to get.

Any recommendations?

I got the Scythe Gentle Typhoons - AP15's. They are extremely silent and are of high build quality!

Any recommendations?

If you have no fans there and all your exhaust through the rear 140mm it will make a mammoth difference.

Add all three of them and replace the bottom fan as it will likely be quite weak. You could even if your up to, it mod it to get better intake because stock it is all out-take near to no intake.

Edit: after a quick look and think, my recommended mods to make this perform well in an air cooling environment.

180mm silverstone air penetrator mounted in a new plexiglas glass side window (new just so you have the old if you ever want it back in)

Depending on space, although I think it will fit, a 200mm (180mm if 200 won't fit) fan where the 140mm bottom fan is currently. Then directly below it a second 200/180mm fan to create a bit of positive air pressure in that bottom chamber assisting with both HDD cooling and system cooling as well as increasing airflow in.

Your 140mm fans as exhaust up top.

Rubber fan mounts on things too, if you want to spend a bit more, will reduce vibration.

Edited by Stonerboy779

I'm not sure if I'm up to all that modding :unsure:

jackbrennan: hmm those look nice, you have three of them at the top?

Also, intake or exhaust?

Top 3x Gentle Typhoon - Blowing out

Back 1x Gentle typhoon - Blowing out (I've played with this as both intake and out take, but don't really see much improvement, so i made it outtake to decrease the amount of dust in my case)

Bottom 1x 140mm Xigmatek - Blowing in

Thanks a lot for the info. I will buy the three typhoons today and look for a 140mm later. I only have the standard case fan atm blowing in.

It's funny, I've changed a lot of hardware over the years but never really bothered with case fans so it's actually my first time installing new fans in a case lol.

Thanks a lot for the info. I will buy the three typhoons today and look for a 140mm later. I only have the standard case fan atm blowing in.

It's funny, I've changed a lot of hardware over the years but never really bothered with case fans so it's actually my first time installing new fans in a case lol.

The best thing when it comes to fan is to buy proper silent fans the first time round. I fell into the trap of buying cheap fans, then i didn't like them and got new fans. So i wasted more money than buying quality the first time round.

The best thing when it comes to fan is to buy proper silent fans the first time round. I fell into the trap of buying cheap fans, then i didn't like them and got new fans. So i wasted more money than buying quality the first time round.

Yeah, I get what you mean. At least I know this is a good buy now. I'm also happy to buy some cheaper stuff like fans for once :whistling:

Looking forward to installing them :)

So, I just recieved the fans today, fully installed, three on top blowing out. It now idles around 35 degrees, but keep in mind that's with an ambient temp of 25 degrees.

Now that it's starting to get colder outside I will really have nice temps this winter.

So, I just recieved the fans today, fully installed, three on top blowing out. It now idles around 35 degrees, but keep in mind that's with an ambient temp of 25 degrees.

Now that it's starting to get colder outside I will really have nice temps this winter.

Come now what are load temps? Before and after.

180mm silverstone air penetrator

I'm late to this party but those fans SUCK. I had two of them in the bottom of a Raven blow off fan blades FOR NO REASON.