NZXT Havik 140 or Noctua NH-U12P SE2

Hey guys, a bit in a pinch here :doh:

I need to buy a new CPU Cooler and have 2 opt: NZXT Havik 140 or Noctua NH-U12P SE2

I think they are almost equal with each other and the price dosen't differ much in my country

So aside from price, which one would you guys say is a better performer and why?

Help Please

Thanks!

See my review for the Havik - it out-performed the regular U12P in almost all tests and tied it in another. It is slightly larger, however. I know of some people who have had clearance issues (memory modules) with the Havik, so you may want to check the review out and look at pictures in the review to see if anything may collide with your setup.

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/nzxt_havik140/

Go for the Noctua.

Will easily beat the Havik.

I had one of them and my temperatures INCREASED as the base was not flat.

Fitting the "Rubber" bands to hold the fans on while in the case is also a disaster.

Many of the reviewers seem to have test benches and so have no "real world" problems

with installations.

Would Not recommend this.

Go for the Noctua.

Fitting the "Rubber" bands to hold the fans on while in the case is also a disaster.

Many of the reviewers seem to have test benches and so have no "real world" problems

with installations.

But I thought in some cases, flat base could be a winner, take prolimatech products as example (though they lack fans which would price them the price tag of an nh-d14)

Anyway I'm not troubled with installation since I prefer to take out the motherboard in most cases.. More room to work with imo and I dnt mind screwing in and out.. It just take a minute or two..

Go for the Noctua.

with installations.

Not sure which reviewers you're talking about, definitely not ours here at OCC. What did you use to measure the flatness of the base? In my experience, the Havik outperformed the U12P by a few degrees. Identical setup, nothing else changed, tested back-to-back. I agree about the rubber bands, plus also the fact about a slightly larger chance of a clearance issue with memory depending on the motherboard.

Honestly, the Noctua can be had for a few bucks cheaper than the Havik:

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/9946/cpu-noc-17/Noctua_NH-U9B_SE2_CPU_Heat_Sink_With_Dual_Noctua_Fans_-_Socket_77511561366AM2AM2AM3.html

And it's a proven name, the mounting is very simple and rugged. Honest opinion