Benchmark testing?

smokeyvdberg

Okay so I was just reading trough some forms and came across a term I seem to hear a lot thees days!! But still please do excuse me if I'm getting the naming wrong.....

What is the idel(or something like that) when benchmarking?? And how do I read it?? The only things I use to bench is Furry and 3DMark Vantage!! What other is there that's good, and while I'm on this subject... I downloaded the new 3DMark Vantage and it works great.... Although it does not give me my scores??? And every now and then it freezes my computer... I don't think that it should do that, I mean my computer is reasonably up to date!! I don't own the best but its really close!!!!

Any help is welcome!!! PEACE

There is no ideal benchmark. The best is to run a bunch of different benchmarks and compare them to other systems. Some benchmarks will prefer Nvidia over AMD, or vice versa. Some may not like SLI or Crossfire configurations, etc.

There is no ideal benchmark. The best is to run a bunch of different benchmarks and compare them to other systems. Some benchmarks will prefer Nvidia over AMD, or vice versa. Some may not like SLI or Crossfire configurations, etc.

Yes the SLI thing I have noticed!! When I'm running Furry it says I only have 1 GPU while I'm actually running an SLI!!!

It kinda sucks if u ask me..... But then again who am I to judge??

I don't know I just want to know how to measure my temps and want to hear what benchmark progs you guys use

to measure ur idle temp jst boot ur comp up and let it sit for like 15mins and check what temps u have. most people use Futuremark programs to benchmark such as 3dmark06, vantage, etc. you can also use unigin to benchmark ur GPU if its compatible and there r tons of other programs out there to use as benchmarks. some games let u download a stand alone benchmark wich you can use to see the performance of ur system on ur specific game.