Question about noctua d14

perspex

Hey there all, newbie in the forums. Just wanted to ask a simple question.

I am buying a new config on sept 2nd and having some problems with my heatsink and chassis. I am taking the cooler master 690 II advanced chassis and my heatsink is the noctua d14. Just wanted to know, will it cause problems fitting in properly with my processor and motherboard or not.

Processor- intel i7 2600k

Mobo- Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD4

Because i dont want it to get all jammed up and cause problems in cooling. Actually i was taking the haf x at first but then i thought of reducing on my chassis to get a better gpu. I was taking the msi r6950 twin frozr iii power edition first then thought of taking the asus gtx580, so i needed to reduce on something decided to reduce on the chassis.

What do you guys think? Will it fit? And if not please suggest me some other heatsink that will fit or you can tell me to stay with the haf x and msi r6950.

Welcome to the Forums Perspex

From what I can tell Yes the motherboard will fit in that case.

I have seen a 6970 in those cases before but that is with little room to spare. That being the case Yes a 580 and any Other Nvidia card out there that is a reference model (sorry, not looking up all the card lengths) Between those three cards I'd look at the GTX580. A reference card will do you well from EVGA.

The Noctua D-14 I have seen fit on Youtube... BUT that is a tight squeeze. I would go for either a corsair H80-100 or a Prolimatech megahelams as its about an inch shorter and performs pretty close to the D-14. But if you want the D-14 badly then I would go with the Haf-X

Welcome to the Forums Perspex

From what I can tell Yes the motherboard will fit in that case.

I have seen a 6970 in those cases before but that is with little room to spare. That being the case Yes a 580 and any Other Nvidia card out there that is a reference model (sorry, not looking up all the card lengths) Between those three cards I'd look at the GTX580. A reference card will do you well from EVGA.

The Noctua D-14 I have seen fit on Youtube... BUT that is a tight squeeze. I would go for either a corsair H80-100 or a Prolimatech megahelams as its about an inch shorter and performs pretty close to the D-14. But if you want the D-14 badly then I would go with the Haf-X

ehh..tigh squeeze, something about that word that creeps me out, lol. So, can you tell me till what card length i can put into this chassis then i can confirm it with the card. Also what about the HAF 922, will it fit there? or are both these cases the same size? Well i know they are both mid towers, but maybe the haf 922 could be a bit bigger. If i can't reduce on the chassis i need to stick with msi r6950 and we all know gtx 580 kicks its butt =.=

For the video card I would not go over 11 inches. You could use the had 922, I believe its a little wider then the 690 and they will perform about the same. I'm not a fan of the hats front fan but you will do fine with either case in any case. The only issue with the had 922 and the d14 would be the side panel fan may stick in too far. Just about any VGA should fit in the had 922 though.

I don't really care what VGA you go with. IMHO its a personal choice we all have to make. Just enjoy What you get.

Hope you find what you want. Later.