Best BIOS Setting for 4.8GHz

Smiki007

Hi to All,

could someone tell me what's the best stable BIOS settings (VCore, LLC, RAM voltage, Turbo ON/OFF, C1Eist, etc.), for 4.8 GHz? (my specs in my signature). Thanks.

Check my sig link, that might help you out.

Yes i checked:and i have some questions:

BIOS Settings (GIGABYTE GA-P67A-UD7-B3):

Internal CPU PLL Overvoltage = Enabled

Real-Time Ratio Changes in OS = Disabled (Optional)

Intel® Turbo Boost Tech. = Disabled

CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E) = Disabled

C3/C6 State Support = Disabled

CPU Thermal Monitor = Disabled

CPU EIST Function = Disabled

Multi-Steps Load-Line = Level 6, is that a general settings (for any OC higher than 4.0GHz?

and this:

i7 2600k | GIGABYTE GA-P67A-UD7-B3 | 4.8GHz (48 x 100Mhz) @ 1.455V BIOS; 1.452V - 1.464V CPU-Z | Prime 95 max temps = 69C | Tests Passed,, need to be combined with the firs part, or its all what is needed?

That's general settings, the Load-Line setting was the best in my experience with that BIOS version (forgot what the BIOS version was). I don't want to give you an exact CPU Voltage setting, as it will depend on the quality of your chip. I have a better chip than the one I tested the Gigabyte board with, so it may be higher or lower voltages.

It's just one way to overclock, others prefer to have Turbo Boost Enabled and overclock that way. These are just the settings that I used that worked for me. There's a link I provide that goes to Overclock.Net which will give you more details and different settings you may want to try out.

That's general settings, the Load-Line setting was the best in my experience with that BIOS version (forgot what the BIOS version was). I don't want to give you an exact CPU Voltage setting, as it will depend on the quality of your chip. I have a better chip than the one I tested the Gigabyte board with, so it may be higher or lower voltages.

So it should be something like this (my BIOS F8):

48x1000 = 4.8GHz

VCore = 1.455

LLC = Level 6

Real-Time Ratio Changes in OS = Disabled (Optional)

all other options on Auto? What about RAM voltage Auto, 1.5V or higher?

Edited by Smiki007

Yup, pretty much. If you crash while load testing with Prime95, up the Vcore. If you don't, turn it down a notch and test again. You want the lowest you can go stable so you can keep temperatures down.

MJCRO has his overclocked to 5.0GHz, at 1.41V's, but with LLC at Level 8. He's got a monster chip, but then again, his LLC increases his CPU Voltages more during load.

Yup, pretty much. If you crash while load testing with Prime95, up the Vcore. If you don't, turn it down a notch and test again. You want the lowest you can go stable so you can keep temperatures down.

What about RAM voltage: leave it on AUTO, or Stock 1.5V or Higher?

Testing with Prime95 (Blend?) 1 hour or more?

What about RAM voltage: leave it on AUTO, or Stock 1.5V or Higher?

Testing with Prime95 (Blend?) 1 hour or more?

RAM voltage leave at 1.5V's, 9-9-9-24-2T to start. When you're stable, you can try 9-9-9-24-1T, then tighten the timings and test for stability if you want.

Prime95 Blend test for 1 round (about 15 minutes). That will give you a good indication if you're stable or not. If you fail within the first 7 minutes or so, it's your CPU Voltage. If it fails during the last 7 minutes or so, it's your memory. Once you presume to have a good stable overclock, you can test longer for an hour or more, though I take the other approach. I assume it's stable, and if I ever crash while using my system normally, I bump up the Vcore. Otherwise, I'm stable as far as I'm concerned. I'm not one to test on Prime95 for 24 hours (or even an hour at most).

RAM voltage leave at 1.5V's, 9-9-9-24-2T to start. When you're stable, you can try 9-9-9-24-1T, then tighten the timings if you want.

Prime95 Blend test for 1 round (about 15 minutes). That will give you a good indication if you're stable or not. If you fail within the first 7 minutes or so, it's your CPU Voltage. If it fails during the last 7 minutes or so, it's your memory. Once you presume to have a good stable overclock, you can test longer for an hour or more, though I take the other approach. I assume it's stable, and if I ever crash while using my system normally, I bump up the Vcore. Otherwise, I'm stable as far as I'm concerned. I'm not one to test on Prime95 for 24 hours (or even an hour at most).

OK, thanks, i'll try, test and post the results (not right away, I'm far from my home and PC, but next week).thumbsup3.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Np, good luck! :thumbsup:

Here are my results:

i7 2600k | GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD7-B3 | 4.8GHz (48 x 100Mhz)

BIOS Settings (GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD7-B3):

Real-Time Ratio Changes in OS = Disabled

Multi Steps Load Line = Level 6

VCore = 1.455V (AIDA64 CPUID reported 1.440V (Full Load 100%) - 1.476V (IDLE))

Prime95 (Blend) 1 hour pass no errors:

Max Temps (HW Monitor Pro / RealTemp)

CPU = 68C (HW Monitor)

Core1 = 70C (RealTemp)

Core2 = 79C (RealTemp)

Core3 = 79C (RealTemp)

Core4 = 76C (RealTemp)

Max CPU Power (HW Monitor) = 107.66W

LinX 25000 Problem size, 20 Runs, Pass no errors (1 Hour Aprox.)

Max Temps (HW Monitor Pro / RealTemp)

CPU = 68C (HW Monitor)

Core1 = 70C (RealTemp)

Core2 = 80C (RealTemp)

Core3 = 79C (RealTemp)

Core4 = 77C (RealTemp)

Max CPU Power (HW Monitor) = 107.80W

is these results good for 24/7 or I need to change something?