Will Stock heatsink work on Athlon?

Hi

will my Phenom II 955 BE stock heatsink work on my brothers AMD athlon II X2 260?

Thank you :thumbsup:

99.99% yes. Same socket = Same mounting system. Dont see why it wouldnt just slap right on. Ive installed Phenom II 955 and an Athlon II 640, As far as i could tell it was the exact same cooler.

Dont forget to use new thermal paste though!

Hi

will my Phenom II 955 BE stock heatsink work on my brothers AMD athlon II X2 260?

Thank you :thumbsup:

I replaced the stock cooler on my Athlon II X2 250 with the one from my Phenom II X4 965. It worked fine. My Phenom II X4 965 was running hotter than I liked with the stock cooler so I replaced it with a Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus which helped it too.

I replaced the stock cooler on my Athlon II X2 250 with the one from my Phenom II X4 965. It worked fine. My Phenom II X4 965 was running hotter than I liked with the stock cooler so I replaced it with a Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus which helped it too.

Ill go with 100% certain now, lol.

will the temp of the CPU drop? i will you AS5 if i choose to put my CPU cooler on my Bros PC.

Depends what cooler he has right now, if it has less surface area on the heatsync and a lower cfm fan then yes you should expect better cooling.

Then it will definatly be ALOT better. The stock athlon hsf is even more junk then the Intel core I7 hsf. I remember this one time they showed it to come with this nice 92mm 4 heatpipe stand up hsf that looked like it would overclock quite a bit with the stock one. Or maybe compete with most smaller aftermarket options.... NOPE we got a ball with a slag of copper in the middle that is nearly as tall as the ram..... trololololol....