samsung f3 1tb issues

bobby898

I ordered the samsung f3 after reading reviews that praised it for its speed. Turned up and fair enough it was the fastest hard drive ive used, being noticeably faster than past wd blacks that i have used. Installed the operating system and it installed just fine, i had to do some file sorting between my other two hard drives first though so just to tidy everything up properly i installed the operating system for a fresh start again. This was when i noticed a huge performance drop, first time i installed the os i timed it at about 11 mins second time it took over 24 minutes!! Got onto the operating system and it was nowhere near as responsive as it was before. Ive run some benchmarks and there isn't any noticeable performance drop from the first time i benched it. Ive tried everything i can think of, reinstalled the operating system multiple times its still at a constant slow whilst installing and not nearly as responsive during use. Ive updated the bios, tried wiping the drive to full 0's again, tried ahci over ide but seemed to be even worse then, but ive had no results.

Since there arent any errors with the drive i cant rma it can i? i just wondered if anyone has any suggestions, sorry for the essay i tried to keep it short and thanks in advance for any responses.

I also have that drive for about 6 months...and started to experience strange PC freezes maybe a week ago. as stated in this thread. I am not sure as to what it's related to - my UK mate did warn me about the samsung drive but at the time I bought it, it was highly praise by OCC members (someone saying he had like 20 if the drives work fine).

my OS is on a 640GB WD but with all the other stuff (I relocated all my docs/music/pics to the samsung) windows loads pretty sluggishly at best. right now I can't explain the freezing. VERY annoying