Ram voltage

If it works fine and your tmeps are OK then I would leave it. So far as the ram I would check memory stick itself to see what the set timings And voltage is suppose to be then manually set it in the BIOS. After that run a stability test to verify its OK then go overclocking. Bothered then that you should be good. If you want to. Bump the ram up one step then you may have to change the command rate a little along with the timings. Or grab some 1066 ram And run that stuff.

post-71651-0-92053800-1312850368_thumb.png

so ive left everything on auto adjusted the ram timings to 4,4,4,15 755mhz. Ive been using real temp but figured i use speedfan to see fan rpms and i know that the cpu core temps are incorrect it was incorrect on my previous motherboard to they are about 10 degrees warmer. but where it says cpu and motherboard 150 degrees assuming that is in correct to. Reason i bring it up is i was i poking around in the case and i the Northbridge heat sink? one below the cpu cooler was extremely hot to the touch almost burning. Seeing as im new to this board (Asus P5q) is that normal or could there be something wrong? everything is stable through test and regular usage?

Any info would be great id hate to be slowly killing the board or something

Also Thank you everyone for previous answers to questions been very helpful

post-71651-0-92053800-1312850368_thumb.png

so ive left everything on auto adjusted the ram timings to 4,4,4,15 755mhz. Ive been using real temp but figured i use speedfan to see fan rpms and i know that the cpu core temps are incorrect it was incorrect on my previous motherboard to they are about 10 degrees warmer. but where it says cpu and motherboard 150 degrees assuming that is in correct to. Reason i bring it up is i was i poking around in the case and i the Northbridge heat sink? one below the cpu cooler was extremely hot to the touch almost burning. Seeing as im new to this board (Asus P5q) is that normal or could there be something wrong? everything is stable through test and regular usage?

Any info would be great id hate to be slowly killing the board or something

Also Thank you everyone for previous answers to questions been very helpful

Speed fan is more than likely getting it wrong, run real temp and adia 64 at the same time or other programs like it and see what they read don't just trust one program for temp monitoring

Speed fan is more than likely getting it wrong, run real temp and adia 64 at the same time or other programs like it and see what they read don't just trust one program for temp monitoring

Yeah i have been using Real temp and double checking with core temp. Speedfan i dont use for temps when it comes to the cpu it isnt accurate i was just wondering as i said the northbridge heatsink felt very hot and with perhaps there may have been an issue. Though to help i purchased a cheap ram cooler to help get some air in that area with my case there is much air flow in the top right corner so that should move some air around the heat sink to. Hopefully there isnt to much voltage or something adia 64 showed only 1.1v going to the NB which is within what is safe correct ?

Yeah i have been using Real temp and double checking with core temp. Speedfan i dont use for temps when it comes to the cpu it isnt accurate i was just wondering as i said the northbridge heatsink felt very hot and with perhaps there may have been an issue. Though to help i purchased a cheap ram cooler to help get some air in that area with my case there is much air flow in the top right corner so that should move some air around the heat sink to. Hopefully there isnt to much voltage or something adia 64 showed only 1.1v going to the NB which is within what is safe correct ?

Flick through your mobo manual it should tell you what the safe voltages are or you could check the manufactures website for the details

Do you own a multi meter with temp sensor or some other accurate temperature device that you can get inside your case to mesure temps? Also how clean is the heatsync?

Flick through your mobo manual it should tell you what the safe voltages are or you could check the manufactures website for the details

Do you own a multi meter with temp sensor or some other accurate temperature device that you can get inside your case to mesure temps? Also how clean is the heatsync?

ill check the manual see if theres anything, and no unfortunetaly i dont have anything to test the temp inside the case basing off the gpu and cpu temps its relatively cool with exception to that on heatsink over the NB. I just installed a new Corsair H60 so everything is clean

So after looking at the manual NB voltage 1.1-1.2 is in the blue section meaning the lower safer voltage and AIDA64 shows the Voltage of the NB and SB at 1.1V, is there another program that can confirm this ?

Thanks

So after looking at the manual NB voltage 1.1-1.2 is in the blue section meaning the lower safer voltage and AIDA64 shows the Voltage of the NB and SB at 1.1V, is there another program that can confirm this ?

Thanks

I would trust a multimeter over a program and again the mobo manual should show you the location for testing if you have or have acess to a multimeter. Otherwise i don't know another program to check northbridge voltage temp yes but not voltage

I would trust a multimeter over a program and again the mobo manual should show you the location for testing if you have or have acess to a multimeter. Otherwise i don't know another program to check northbridge voltage temp yes but not voltage

Alright perhaps i will look into getting a multimeter depending on price, if im gonna be overclocking better to be safe than sorry

Thanks for all your help