Ram voltage

Hi so i have overclocked my q6600 to 3.3 ghz stock voltage before i do any stability testing the ram is DDR 2 800

with the FSB at (367) the ram frequencie is 882mhz closest to stock. For the ram voltage is it better to leave it on auto or set it between 1.8 stock and what it needs if any to be stable. Not sure if auto will give it to much voltage.

Any info would be great I am new to overclocking and had a stable overclock of 3.2. i wanna see if i can do 3.3 but the ram voltage i am unsure of

q6600 3.2

Vcore 1.28

8 hours prime 95

Hi so i have overclocked my q6600 to 3.3 ghz stock voltage before i do any stability testing the ram is DDR 2 800

with the FSB at (367) the ram frequencie is 882mhz closest to stock. For the ram voltage is it better to leave it on auto or set it between 1.8 stock and what it needs if any to be stable. Not sure if auto will give it to much voltage.

Any info would be great I am new to overclocking and had a stable overclock of 3.2. i wanna see if i can do 3.3 but the ram voltage i am unsure of

q6600 3.2

Vcore 1.28

8 hours prime 95

leave your RAM voltage at the reccomended volts. only increase RAM volts if you know its the RAM thats unstable and not anything else. also instead of doing that you can reduce the ran down to 667MHz and then increase it up to 800MHz as you overclock.that way it wont go out of spec and become unstable.

leave your RAM voltage at the reccomended volts. only increase RAM volts if you know its the RAM thats unstable and not anything else. also instead of doing that you can reduce the ran down to 667MHz and then increase it up to 800MHz as you overclock.that way it wont go out of spec and become unstable.

Awesome i never thought of that i will give that a go and check back if i have any other questions Thank you

Forgot to clarify, so if i leave the ram voltage at auto it wont go above the stock value of 1.8? or is it better to just set it at 1.8?

I think that 3.2 maybe the highest i can go stable

FSB 356

Ram frequencie is 855

if i increase the FSB to 367 the ram freq goes to 882 causing Prime 95 to crash at that FSB its 882 is the cloest to spec either that or 750 ish

you can't just lower the memory divider??

The ram frequency is tied to the FSB i wasnt able to change the dvider any where from what i could see Asus p5q board. when i clocked the FSB higher i selected the lower ram speed allowing me to go higher.

i have had the cpu up to 3.6 stable enough for some rough benchmarks. Difference from 3.2 isnt worth extra voltage/heat for me, that and it wasnt stable with stress testing. (prime 95)

Right now its running 3.2ghz (FSB 356) (DDR854) Vcore 1.2625. is it better to run it at that or at 3.2ghz (FSB 356) (DDR 733 approx) Vcore 1.2625. Is it better have the lower DDR clock and have the 1:1 dvider vs the 5:6 on the higher DDR clock

any info or suggestions would be great

Thanks

Edited by FalconFX4

Forgot to clarify, so if i leave the ram voltage at auto it wont go above the stock value of 1.8? or is it better to just set it at 1.8?

if you leave it on auto it shouldnt change but i know some mobos change voltages based on clocks so id manually put 1.8 to be safe

The ram frequency is tied to the FSB i wasnt able to change the dvider any where from what i could see Asus p5q board. when i clocked the FSB higher i selected the lower ram speed allowing me to go higher.

i have had the cpu up to 3.6 stable enough for some rough benchmarks. Difference from 3.2 isnt worth extra voltage/heat for me, that and it wasnt stable with stress testing. (prime 95)

Right now its running 3.2ghz (FSB 356) (DDR854) Vcore 1.2625. is it better to run it at that or at 3.2ghz (FSB 356) (DDR 733 approx) Vcore 1.2625. Is it better have the lower DDR clock and have the 1:1 dvider vs the 5:6 on the higher DDR clock

any info or suggestions would be great

Thanks

If you can run the higher divider then by all means do it.

If you can run the higher divider then by all means do it.

so i have it stable at 3.4ghz DDR 755 but runs at the 378 FSB. Vcore is 1.34 max temp on Core 0 and 1 is 61 degrees. Another question, is it safe to leave the NB voltage and any other voltages on (auto)?. I have the ram set to the spec 1.8 but that is the only one i changed. Just wanna make sure the NB or something is getting overvolts by being left on auto?

Thanks